12Trader Review 2021
United States not accepted.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
|12Trader Facts & Figures|
12Trader is a regulated online broker offering trading in forex & CFDs.
|Instruments||Forex, CFDs, indices, stocks, commodities, cryptocurrency|
|Payment Methods||Neteller, PayPal, Skrill|
|Min. Trade||0.01 lots|
|Regulated By||CySEC, VFSC|
|Trade Signals||Yes - daily|
|CFDs available on indices, stocks, FX, commodities, and crypto pairs|
Forex trading on dozens of majors, minors and exotics
Trade cryptocurrency CFDs
|Coins||BTC, XRP, LTC|
12Trader is an online broker offering forex, CFDs, stocks, and cryptocurrencies through a web platform and mobile app. This review explores the pros and cons of 12Trader, including their demo account, free daily signals, and social trading. We will also unpack the deposit and withdrawal options to give traders the information required to make a safe, informed choice.
12Trader was founded in 2013 and established in the United Kingdom, where its international offices are based. Created by a group of financial experts, 12Trader offers trading in a large range of stocks, commodities, indices, and cryptocurrencies with personal advisors and free market analysis.
SIRIX Trading Platform
12Trader use the web-based social trading platform – SIRIX. Without needing to download any software, traders can use SIRIX to quickly execute trades from any computer. SIRIX comes with an advanced charting package and multiple indicators. The built-in social trading stream lets you learn from and copy other traders.
Assets & Markets
12Trader offers a range of markets and tradeable financial instruments. Not only can you trade with 41 forex pairs, but there are also CFDs and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ripple, and Litecoin, along with indices, commodities, metals, and stocks.
Spreads & Commissions
12Trader earns its money through the spread. Minimum spreads with the Gold account are in line with other brokers, for example, 0.6 pips on the EUR/USD pair. However, spreads are less competitive for Silver and Micro account holders. Still, the lack of commission on any trades puts 12Trader in a strong position from a trading fee perspective.
12Trader offers leverage at a base rate of 1:200 for all account types. This can go up to 1:300 and 1:400 for Silver and Gold account members – higher than many brokers. Even though leverage can be used to increase potential profits, the risk of losses is also much higher, so should be used with caution.
If you are a Silver or Gold account holder you can download the 12Trader app to trade on the go. Available on Android (APK) and Apple (iOS) devices, the mobile application offers real-time charts, access to trading history, and instant executions on a fully functional platform. This means traders can open and close positions, manage their portfolio and access live rates with nothing but a phone or tablet and the internet.
Deposits and withdrawals are both easy and secure with 12Trader. Their accounts can be funded using a wide range of debit and credit cards, including Visa and Mastercard, as well as PayPal, Skrill, and wire transfers. The large range of payment options is a good sign for the security and safety of a trader’s money because, for each method to be added, 12Trader must satisfy several security standards prescribed by the payment company.
The minimum deposit varies between accounts but starts from $500. There are no payment fees.
12Trader offers a free demo account that is a great tool to get a feel for the broker and explore day trading. Run on the same platform and following the same login page, but using simulated money and markets, the demo account means you can get to grips with the platform and trading strategies before opening a live account.
Deals & Promotions
There are no special deals or promotions offered at the time of writing. However, users are offered an educational centre with webinars, plus forex training videos for experienced and inexperienced traders alike. 12Trader also provides free signals, daily and weekly market analysis, an e-book, and a credit card for Silver and Gold account holders.
As day trading puts your capital at risk, safety and security are of vital importance when considering a broker. Although headquartered in London, 12Trader is regulated by the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) and Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). Despite this, there have been some negative customer reviews, so we recommend caution when opening a new account.
There are several additional features offered by 12Trader to make trading and analysis easier. There is an education program designed to help newer traders learn the basics of forex and CFD trading. The course is a great way to better understand trading terminology, risks, and investment strategies. For experienced traders, there is a program detailing advanced strategies and market analysis. 12Trader also provides an economic calendar.
12Trader Account Types
12Trader offers three real money account options:
- Micro – The most basic account type, designed for easy accessibility into forex and CFD trading for new and inexperienced traders, with a minimum deposit of $500.
- Silver – Aimed at more experienced traders, offering a credit card, access to the full education centre, more tools, and the mobile platform for a minimum deposit of $10,000.
- Gold – For a minimum deposit of $25,000, Gold accounts come with additional customer support, advice options, and more competitive spreads.
All of the above options can be opened as Islamic accounts that are in line with the principle of interest-free trading.
Strong reasons for choosing 12Trader include:
- Social trading – The social trading capabilities of the SIRIX platform are widely regarded as easy to use and effective, allowing both copy trading and social interaction between traders.
- Customer service – There is a focus on customer service, providing live chat with a personal account manager at all account levels alongside email, phone, social media and post.
- Leverage – Generous leverage rates can see users trade with up to 1:400.
Unfortunately, 12Trader does fall short in a few areas:
- Automated trading – Many experienced traders use automated trading, the lack of which at 12Trader is a shame.
- Reviews – There have been a few negative user reviews regarding issues when withdrawing profits.
- Minimum deposit – The $500 minimum is quite high, making it less accessible for inexperienced traders.
The bespoke trading platform is open and useable 24/7, however different markets will open and close at different times, so there can sometimes be a knock-on effect when trading certain instruments over the weekend, for example.
Customer service is a heavily emphasised aspect of 12Trader, providing every account with a personal account manager that can answer questions, provide guidance, and help explain the direct signals service offered.
12Trader can be easily contacted in several different ways, with teams available 24/6:
All confidential information is encrypted using a 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. The platform and site are protected with electronic firewalls and isolated servers.
12Trader provides an effective, competitive service for traders of all experience levels, offering strong customer support and leverage rates. The range of tradeable asset types and commission-free trading make it a great broker to explore and trial, which can be done with their free demo account. However, it should be noted that the presence of negative reviews may deter some prospective users. As such, we recommend considering other brokers first.
12Trader accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use 12Trader from United States, Syria, Korea.
Alternatives to 12Trader
If you are looking for alternatives to 12Trader we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to 12Trader below. This list of brokers like 12Trader is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- EagleFX – EagleFX is a popular trading broker offering forex, stocks, cryptos & commodities.
- Rockfort Markets – Rockfort Markets is a New Zealand broker with a competitive range of assets, trading platforms and market conditions.
- eToro – eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
- LQDFX – LQDFX offers online trading with multiple STP accounts and MT4 analysis tools.
- Exinity – Exinity provides flexible low-cost trading in FX, commodities, indices and equities alongside unique education and support provided by teams located across the world. Now operating in the Middle East, through regulation from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority in Abu Dhabi and the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius, Exinity provides a range of services to traders and investors looking for new opportunities in the financial markets.
Is 12Trader Regulated?
Yes, both the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission and the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission regulate 12Trader.
Is 12Trader a trustworthy broker?
12Trader is a legitimate forex and CFD broker regulated by two different commissions, has a wide variety of payment methods and high levels of cybersecurity; all of these are good signs for a trustworthy and safe broker. However, as trading puts your capital at risk, you should always exercise caution.
Does 12Trader offer negative balance protection?
Yes, negative balance protection is available, which stops your account from going below zero, even if the market drops suddenly.
Is there a 12Trader demo account?
12Trader does offer a demo account with a lot of functionality, allowing you to get a feel for the platform and try different strategies.
Does 12Trader offer copy trading?
Yes – social trading at 12Trader allows you to easily follow and copy the trades that high-ranking traders make. There are also ways to communicate and interact with other traders, such as comments, likes and links.
|12Trader is a regulated online broker offering trading in forex & CFDs.|
12Trader vs Other Brokers
Compare 12Trader with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.