XTB Review and Tutorial 2021
United States not accepted.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
|73% of retail accounts lose money.|
|XTB Facts & Figures|
XTB is one of the largest stock exchange-listed FX & CFD brokers in the world, offering access to over 2000 instruments on their trading platforms.
|Instruments||CFD, Forex, Crypto, Stocks|
|Payment Methods||PayPal, QIWI|
|Min. Trade||0.01 Lots|
|Regulated By||FCA, CySEC, IFSC, KNF, DFSA|
|Mobile Apps||iOS, Android and Windows|
|USD, EUR, GBP|
|GBPUSD Spread||0.1 pips|
|Stocks Spread||0.2% Var|
|Leverage||1:30 (1:200 For Professional Clients)|
|GBPUSD Spread||0.1 pip|
|EURUSD Spread||0.2 pips var|
|EURGBP Spread||0.1 pips|
XTB offer the largest range of crypto markets, all with very competitive spreads. They also offer intra-crypto pairs such as ETHBTC and DSHBTC etc
|Spread||BTC 0.5%, ETH 1.4%|
|Coins||ADA, BTC, BCH, DSH, EOS, ETH, IOTA, LTC, NEO, XRP, XLM, TRX, XEM, XLM, XMR|
XTB is a leading online FX & CFD (contracts for difference) trading firm based in Europe, offering access to over 2000 instruments from two platforms: its own award-winning xStation 5 and the traditional MT4.
Traders can choose from CFDs on FX, Indices, Cryptocurrencies, Shares, Commodities and ETFs.
XTB is a leading European broker that was founded in 2004, and is one of the largest stock exchange-listed FX & CFD brokers in the world, providing retail traders instant access to hundreds of global markets.
Established in 2004, XTB is one of the largest stock-exchange listed brokers in the world with a presence in 13 countries, including the UK, Poland, Germany, and France to name a few.
Known for its transparency and speed of execution, both XTB and its analysis team have won a number of prestigious awards for its services and research – including the #1 EMEA Bloomberg spot for FX accuracy in Q2 of 2020 and Q3 of 2018.
XTB differentiates itself from other brokers through three main aspects:
- The power of its platform xStation 5,
- The level of educational and analytical material for all ranges of traders.
- The open-door policy which includes a high level of support from its client support team.
XTB offers free educational material to their clients to learn how to trade, on a level which no other broker provides.
From its online Trading Academy (which is accessible from both the website and the platform), it also offers multiple packages like a Trader’s Library, Day Trading Guide and how to trade important events, such as Brexit and the US Elections.
Clients can also opt in to its free Mobile Trade Alert service and access a direct line of contact with Chief Market Analyst, who sends breaking news and key technical levels via Whatsapp.
The broker also operates an open door policy and regular Trading Clubs in its headquarters in Canary Wharf, which are a must if you’re nearby to London.
These clubs include open discussion on a variety of strategies and live market analysis.
Regulation & Reputation
XTB UK offers their clients protection through the UK financial conduct Authority (FCA) and associated rules. As per the company rules, XTB has to keep funds of their clients in separate accounts from the company’s funds.
Client’s funds are protected up to 85,000 GBP through the financial services compensation scheme (FSCS), in case of XTB’s insolvency.
In terms of regulatory oversight, XTB subsidiaries are regulated by several regulatory agencies:
- XTB UK is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under license number 522157.
- XTB Europe is regulated by CySEC under license number 169/12 as of 2020.
- XTB International is regulated by the Belize International Financial Services Commission under license number IFSC/60/413/TS/19.
- X-Trade Brokers DM SA is authorised by the Polish Securities and Exchange Commission under license number DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and supervised by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego).
- XTB Spain is regulated by the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores under license number 40.
- XTB MENA holds a category 3A license from the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA).
XTB has divided its trading products into six categories:
- Forex: XTB provides more than 50 pairs of currencies. These include all major currency pairs, plus some minors and Exotics.
- Shares: XTB offers CFD trading in more than 1500 shares of companies which trade in the United States , the United Kingdom, Poland , Portugal , Spain, Switzerland, France and Finland.
- Indices: The platform offers Indices trading to its customers in over 20 major global indices.
- Commodities: Many commodities are available to trade, including wheat, copper, coffee, Aluminium, Nickle, Oil, Platinum, Silver, gold etc.
- ETFs: Traders can speculate on ETF value at XTB.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin , Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Ethereum, and others. (Not available to UK traders)
The trading platform offered by XTB is impressive.
xStation 5 was voted ‘Best Trading Platform 2016’ by the Online Personal Wealth Awards and offers reliable, instant execution (at an average of 85 milliseconds) with no requotes.
It features a free market audio commentary – a paid service with other brokers – as well as an advanced trading calculator which instantly determines every aspect of your trade for you.
It also has a comprehensive video tutorial section, a stocks screener, sentiment heatmaps and real-time performance stats that break down your trading behaviour, showing you where your strengths and weaknesses as a trader lie.
It’s available across desktop, tablet, mobile, and even your smartwatch, and has a variety of innovative technical tools to help you with your trading.
XTB Account Types
There are two types of account offered by XTB: Standard and Pro (both retail), and Professional (for professional clients only).
Please note that to qualify for professional client status, you need to meet two out of the three criteria required (visit XTB for more details):
Traders can apply for a live account using a simple, secure online form.
As with all FCA-regulated brokers, XTB must go through the due process of ‘KYC’ (know your customer) and protection against money laundering activity in checks that are designed to make things more secure for traders.
On the XTB website, you will see the green ‘Create Account‘ button. This process will trigger a few questions, starting with the easy ones: Name, phone number, and national insurance number.
You will be asked to choose the trading platform, Account type (Standard or Pro), Language and currency.
This is followed by a few ‘Know your customer’ questions that judge your investing experience and ensure you are in a financial position to trade. Regulators insist that a broker takes these steps before allowing new customers to trade.
This ‘KYC’ round of questions includes things like: Annual income, Net worth, Source of income, Account funding, Expected annual investment, etc.
The last stage is verifying your ID. Proof of address and ID can be verified with any of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Identity card
Traders can upload a copy of their ID proof by using their phone.
The copy should be clean, and up to date.
Once complete, you can make a deposit via the button at the top of the website.
Spreads And Fees
Fees and commission depend on the type of service and type of accounts you want to use.
For example, XTB’s Forex or Index trading with the Pro account offers very competitive spreads. On the other hand, ETF trading and equity trading commission can be costlier than other brokers’.
It means commission and fees comparison will depend on your choice of account type and instrument traded.
XTB charges no deposit fees. However, electronic wallets such as Paypal or Skrill charge 2% of the deposited amount.
Besides bank transfer and credit/debit cards, many electronic wallets are also accepted for deposits, including Paypal and Skrill.
In addition, XTB accepts the following currencies: EUR, USD, GBP, and HUF.
Withdrawals can be processed the same day if the request is made before 1pm GMT.
If the request is made after 1pm, it is processed on the next business day. This applies to GBP, EUR and Domestic HUF withdrawals.
Withdrawals go to your nominated bank account, which you will need to provide documentation for.
XTB offers a range of educational materials to their clients.
They offer educational videos to their traders, and there is also a ‘Trading Academy’ section. The online Academy is divided into four categories: Basic, Intermediate, Expert and Premium. XTB are also offering a Free trading library download, which is ideal for beginners. In addition, they’ve teamed up with football legend, José Mourinho, who shares his top tips on approaching the financial markets and handling stress.
The topics of fundamental and technical analysis are covered under the intermediate section. Live webinars are also hosted on the site frequently.
Experienced customer service team works 24 hours a day for 5 days a week, and is available through phone, email and live chat. Additionally, clients are assigned an account manager to assist them with any relevant account-related matters.
XTB support is available in the following languages:
XTB is not allowed to offer trading services to the residents of the United States due to local regulations.
- Established in: 2002
- Products: Forex, CFD
- Broker trust rating: 95/100
- Markets: Equities, Cryptocurrencies, Indices, Commodities, ETFs
- Operates in: 12 countries (expanding its business)
- Types of account: Standard, Pro
- Fees: Depend on types of account and instruments traded
- No Minimum Deposit
- Regulator: Financial conduct Authority (FCA), KNF, CySEC, IFSC
- Customer support: Available 24/5 through email, live chat and phone
- Demo Account: Free for one month
- Awards “Best forex broker Award”, “Best trading platform 2016”, “Online personal wealth” award.
XTB accepts traders from Thailand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use XTB from United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, Slovakia, Singapore, Mauritius, Israel, Turkey, India, Pakistan, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Uganda, Cuba, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Kenya, Romania.
Alternatives to XTB
If you are looking for alternatives to XTB we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to XTB below. This list of brokers like XTB is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- eToro – eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
- EagleFX – EagleFX is a popular trading broker offering forex, stocks, cryptos & commodities.
- Forex.com – Forex.com boast a global reputation. Regulated in the UK, US and Canada they offer a huge range of markets, not just forex, and offer very tight spreads and a cutting edge platform.
- ZuluTrade – Zulutrade provide multiple automation and copy trading options across forex, indices, stocks, cryptocurrency and commodities markets
- Just2Trade – Just2Trade offer hitech trading on stocks and options with some of the lowest prices in the industry
Is XTB Regulated?
Yes. XTB Ltd (UK) are regulated in the UK by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority).
XTB Ltd (CY) are regulated in Cyprus by CySec
What Is The Minimum Deposit?
There is no minimum deposit requirement at XTB.
What Is xStation5 At XTB?
xStation 5 is the name of the trading platform that XTB offer to their traders. Available online or via the mobile application (as xStation Mobile), xStation 5 is the bespoke platform designed by XTB to make trading accessible and hassle free for all clients.
Who Are X-Trade?
X-Trade Brokers is the full name for XTB.
Do XTB Have A Facebook Page?
Yes, XTB provide a facebook page in a range of languages: Search facebook with /xtb to find your local page.
Are X-Trade Brokers A Polish Firm?
X-Trade Brokers are listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange and the Company reports to the Polish Financial Supervision Authority
|XTB is one of the largest stock exchange-listed FX & CFD brokers in the world, offering access to over 2000 instruments on their trading platforms.
73% of retail accounts lose money.
XTB vs Other Brokers
Compare XTB with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.
Articles about XTB
- XTB MENA Acquires License To Operate In Dubai & The GCC
- XTB Announces Mindset Course With José Mourinho
- XTB Prelim Results For Q1 Show Huge Customer Increase
- XTB Releases Details Of Its 2021 Investing Day
- XTB Named Among Top Five Global Brokers
- XTB Posts Preliminary Financial Results For 2020
- XTB Registers For DFSA License As It Expands Its Asian Footprint
- José Mourinho The New Face Of XTB