FxPro Review 2024
- Daytrading Review Team
FxPro is best for experienced traders looking for wide market access, premium research tools and advanced charting platforms. The competitive fees and fast execution will serve serious short-term traders, whilst the BnkPro investment service will appeal to those looking for long-term e-money solutions.
Founded in 2006, FxPro is an established forex, CFD and spread betting broker offering 2100+ assets to over 2 million clients worldwide. The broker is regulated in 4 jurisdictions and offers reliable 24/5 customer support, earning it a high trust and safety score. FxPro has also picked up more than 100 industry accolades for its competitive trading conditions, including fast execution and deep liquidity.
FxPro offers 70+ currency pairs with ultra-fast execution speeds and tight spreads from 0.46 pips on EUR/USD. The range of forex assets outranks many rivals, including our award winner, AvaTrade. Various short-term forex strategies are permitted, including EA trading and hedging.
FxPro offers hundreds of stocks and ETFs from major economies including the US, UK, France and Germany, with access to high-quality research resources. The broker also continues to expand its financial services through its BnkPro e-money and investment products.
FxPro offers thousands of CFDs on forex, commodities, indices, shares and futures. The broker's analysis and charting capabilities continue to stand as some of the best in the industry, with Trading Central integration, advanced order types and access to custom indicators.
Non-UK FxPro traders can access CFDs on 28 popular cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ethereum as well as smaller tokens like Tron. Algo traders can also make use of trading bots and custom indicators within the third-party platforms.
UK FxPro traders can access tax-free trading opportunities on six asset classes through the broker's EDGE spread betting platform, with leverage up to 1:30. Short-term traders can build a diversified portfolio whilst enjoying zero commissions on spread bets.
- BEST BROKER 2021 (UK), Ultimate Fintech Awards
- BEST FX PROVIDER 2021, Online Personal Wealth Awards
- BEST TRADING PLATFORM 2020, Investors Chronicle & Financial Times
- FxPro maintains its position as a top no dealing desk (NDD) broker, with fast execution speeds under 13ms and co-located trading servers with Tier 1 banks
- There are 4 superior day trading platforms, including a proprietary solution with over 50 indicators, 7 chart types and an impressive 15 chart time frames
- Comprehensive analysis and trading tools are available for seasoned traders, including signals powered by Trading Central and VPS hosting
- Thousands of CFDs are available across 6 asset classes with a particularly impressive range of indices and precious metals
- There's an interactive learning center for beginners with tests, courses, video tutorials and webinars
- FxPro's services are mainly geared towards experienced investors and beginners may find the broker's fees and accounts complex
- The broker charges a $10 inactivity fee after 6 months of account dormancy, though this is more lenient than many brokers
- There are only a handful of payment methods available, compared to the 10+ offered at top competitors like AvaTrade
- There's no copy trading service, which reduces the appeal for strategy providers looking to earn extra revenue
FxPro is a world-leading online forex and CFD broker. The brokerage facilitates 24/5 trading across 6 asset classes and over 2100 financial instruments. This 2024 broker review will explore the benefits and drawbacks of trading with FxPro, including mobile platforms, demo account, spreads and fees, plus additional investing tools, before wrapping up with a final verdict. Find out whether our experts recommend opening an FxPro account.
FxPro was established in 2006 and has since asserted itself as a leader in the forex space.
It has expanded to offer direct trading to customers in over 170 countries. Along the way, the company has picked up over 85 prestigious international awards.
Their expansion has also led to the creation of offices in London (headquarters), Cyprus, Dubai and the Bahamas.
FxPro Financial Services Limited is owned by FxPro Group Limited. The company’s current CEO is Charalambos Psimolophitis.
FxPro Group Limited is the holding company of:
- FxPro UK Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (registration no. 509956).
- FxPro Financial Services Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (licence no. 078/07) and authorized by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (authorisation no. 45052).
- FxPro Global Markets Ltd is authorized and regulated by the SCB (license no. SIA-F184).
- Prime Ash Capital Limited (trading as FxPro) is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius (license no. GB21026568).
Furthermore, traders from the UK and the EEA are protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and Investors Compensation scheme respectively.
If you register for the FxPro trading system there is a reasonable chance you will also have come across their sponsorship of sports teams and events, including McLaren and Yacht Club de Monaco. In the past, the company has also sponsored Aston Villa, Watford FC and Virgin Racing F1.
Popular Alternatives To FxPro
MT4 & MT5
Both MT4 and MT5 systems receive glowing customer reviews, promising reliability, multiple order types, options for customization, and advanced analysis.
Whilst both platforms cater to a range of trading styles and strategies, MT4 is suitable for all experience levels, whereas MT5 is better suited to those seeking more advanced tools and features.
Head to the official website for a link to download both, or either, platforms.
MT4 and MT5 are available for use on tablets and mobile devices as well as desktop. MT4 WebTrader also enables users to trade through the web, without needing to download software onto their device.
Whether MetaTrader systems are good or bad will depend on who you ask, the majority of traders agree they are comprehensive, thorough and more than capable of meeting the needs of most users.
Head to the FxPro Trading Academy to find MetaTrader 4 setup download tutorials for Mac and Windows users.
The FxPro platform is the proprietary platform and the latest addition to the portfolio. It provides investors with a new way to trade the financial markets from their desktop or mobile.
It is a highly customizable web-based platform, which enables traders to place orders without the need to download and install any additional software.
From a single account, users can access competitive spreads, ultra-fast execution speeds and a range of CFD markets.
FxPro is also available for all demo users.
Key features include:
- Tight spreads
- No commission
- Quant custom indicator
- Detachable chart windows
- 6 chart types with 15 timeframes
- 50+ technical indicators and charting tools
- Limited Risk Account at no additional cost
- Forex, Shares, Spot Indices, Spot Metals and Spot Energies
- Tax-free (tax laws are subject to change and depend on individual circumstances)
Unsurprisingly, platform reviews generally are positive and praise the flexibility of options available.
FxPro Edge accounts (Spread Betting) is only available to clients of FxPro UK Limited that reside in the United Kingdom. This is a separate platform to FxPro Edge.
Traders should note that FxPro Edge does not support EAs or custom indicators at this time.
The cTrader platform was designed to offer ultra-low spreads and competitive trading conditions.
It utilizes cTID (cTrader ID) login functionality, which means that all linked accounts can be accessed through a single login and settings are synced with your FxPro account.
Key features include:
- News feed
- 55+ technical indicators
- 6 chart types and 28 timeframes
- No restrictions on stop/limit levels
- Fully customizable charts and interface
The free cTrader system platform download was designed for CFD traders. As a result, you can place orders while retaining a clear view of market depth. Our experts found the cTrader platform to be intuitive and user-friendly upon testing.
The platform will work for Mac users and portable iOS devices as well as on Windows desktops.
How To Place A Trade
- Navigate to the ‘Quotes’ tab to view your most traded financial assets. Alternatively, use the ‘Search’ bar to find the instrument you want to speculate on. Note, each display will show buy-sell quotes.
- Use the stop-loss and take-profit levels plus enter an order size. These inputs can also be amended once the position is open.
- Select the market execution and pending orders, for example, Buy Limit, Sell Limit, Buy Stop or Sell Stop.
- Once you’re satisfied with the trade parameters, select ‘Place’ .
Assets & Markets
FxPro traders have access to a wide range of instruments:
- Futures – 24 contracts
- Spot Metals – 7 precious metals
- Market Indices – 19 spot market indices
- CFDs for Currency Pairs – 70+ FX pairs
- Cryptocurrency CFDs – 18+ cryptos (non-UK only)
- Spot Energies – 3 energy commodities, including brent crude oil
- Stock CFDs – 2000+ stocks across major stock exchanges including Nasdaq, Nikkei 225 and Dax 30
The broker’s extensive selection of global stock CFDs is particularly impressive. Clients can diversify their portfolios with assets from a range of industries and countries.
Note you cannot trade binary options and spread betting is only available to UK customers.
Spreads & Commissions
Spreads are competitive but vary according to the type of trading account held and asset traded. For example, with the MT4 account, the minimum fixed spread quotes are around 1.2 pips.
With an MT5 account and FxPro cTrader account, minimum live spreads are 1.4 and 0 pips, respectively. Opt for a Markets account and spread quotes start at 1.2 pips.
On top of the spread, a commission charge of $45 is in place per million USD traded.
The brokerage revisited its pricing schedule in 2022, reducing spreads by up to 20% on popular assets, including major forex pairs, indices, plus metals and energies. The result is more competitive trading conditions for the products that investors are most interested in.
Overall, spreads and fees are competitive and good value when you take into account the range of trading tools and resources available. Having said that, FxPro could improve its offering by introducing welcome promotions and deposit bonuses.
Note FxPro acts as a market maker applying a non-dealing desk intervention execution model.
There are some additional charges to be aware of. For example, overnight and rollover rates will see you pay $8.13 for EUR/USD long positions, while the short positions come with a $2.23 charge.
There is also an inactivity fee should an account be left dormant for an extended period.
There are no fees for making a withdrawal.
Traders also have the option of margin trading, requirements for which will depend on your account type.
Trading with gold leverage, for example, allows you to increase your position size and capitalize on potential opportunities in gold prices.
However, there are also risks to consider. Leveraged trading can accelerate losses as well as gains. A margin call may also be issued if you do not maintain sufficient capital in your live account.
FxPro does offer negative balance protection, however, so clients cannot lose more than the initial deposit.
The maximum available leverage is 1:200 (FxPro Global Markets Limited only). Pro Clients can access leverage up to 1:500.
With that said, clients registered with the Mauritius-regulated entity, Prime Ash Capital Limited, can access much higher leverage up to 1:1000.
See the official website to plug your details into a leverage calculator.
Note, 2022 saw FxPro reduce its margin requirements for energies from 1% (1:100) to 0.5% (1:200). The updated leverage conditions are available to clients registered with FxPro Global Markets and Professional clients of FxPro UK.
The minimum deposit at FxPro is just $100 (or equivalent base currency). However, the brokerage does advise making a minimum deposit of $500 to $1000.
Deposits can be made in USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, PLN, AUD, JPY and ZAR.
Reviews and ratings of FxPro’s mobile offering are positive. The brokerage offer iOS and Android trading apps for mobiles and tablets. Once you sign up, simply head to the iOS App Store and Google Play Store to download the relevant app. Day traders have access to four mobile apps:
- FxPro App
- MT4 for Mobile
- MT5 for Mobile
- FxPro cTrader for Mobile
The applications are reliable and give you access to nearly all the same features and functionality of the desktop-based platforms. In fact, you can:
- Conduct daily technical analysis with over 50 technical indicators
- Manage your positions from widgets within your smartphone
- Get commentary on the US dollar (USD) index and more
- View and interpret historical data
- Set up signals and alerts
- Browse the EA library
When we used FxPro we found the mobile apps are reliable and high-quality. Clients benefit from the same ultra-low latency trading infrastructure of the desktop platforms. Furthermore, the iPhone, iPad and Android apps can work to supplement your desktop platform or for trading directly.
FxPro supports a number of funding methods:
- Debit, credit and prepaid cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro)
- MonetaRU (Russian clients)
- Broker to broker transfer
- Bank wire transfer
Deposit methods supported do vary by region, for example, UK clients cannot make deposits via PayPal.
Deposits made via credit and debit cards or bank wire do not incur a deposit fee, however, third parties may charge. Contact your bank for details.
When it comes to withdrawing your revenue, there are no withdrawal fees. However, a fee may be charged if the capital has not been used to actually trade. Withdrawal times are kept to just one business day. Simply log into FxPro Direct to enter a withdrawal request.
Importantly, funds must be withdrawn via the same method used to make the deposit.
Contact customer support via their live chat or telephone service if you encounter any withdrawal problems. They can also advise of issues with withdrawal reviews and payment history.
You get a choice of four live trading accounts with FxPro. Below is an account breakdown and comparison:
- FxPro MT4 – You can trade on currency pairs, equities, market indices, metals and energies. In addition, EAs are supported. You also benefit from fixed and floating spreads. On top of that, you have instant market execution and maximum leverage of 1:500. (Note: Retail clients under CySec and FCA will have maximum leverage of 1:30, Professional clients 1:500 and SCB jurisdiction clients 1:200)
- FxPro MT5 – These accounts are fairly similar but use a different platform. You get all the same markets and instruments, plus market execution and floating spreads.
- FxPro cTrader – You get nearly all the same instruments, apart from equities and futures. In addition, you have algorithmic trading through cAlgo.
For fixed spread accounts, you may want to opt for the MT4 option. Having said that, all solutions promise straightforward account ownership and management. Rankings will depend on individual requirements and personal preferences.
Note, FxPro does not offer ECN managed or micro accounts.
Alternatively, clients that register with Prime Ash Capital Limited (trading as FxPro) can choose from a different list of accounts with leverage up to 1:1000. Account options:
- Standard: Suitable for all traders, floating spreads from 1.2 pips, MT4 access and micro lot trading. $100 minimum deposit.
- Pro: Suitable for active traders, floating spreads from 0.6 pips, MT4 access. $1000 minimum deposit.
- Raw+: Zero-pip spreads for 90%+ of the trading day plus low commissions of $3.50 per lot per side. $1000 minimum deposit.
- Elite: Zero-pip spreads, competitive trading conditions offered with Raw+, plus rebates of up to 21% on commissions. $30,000 minimum deposit.
You can also open a FxPro demo account. Once you log in you have $500,000 in virtual cash to play around with. You can download various demo platforms, including MT4, MT5 and cTrader.
The demo server makes for a great central trading hub to get familiar with markets and develop strategies. Then when your confidence has grown you can upgrade to a live account. There are even occasional demo contests where you can put your practice to the test against other traders.
Contact customer support if your MetaTrader 4 or 5 demo account is disabled.
Broker reviews of FxPro are quick to highlight there are a number of useful educational resources available. Most notably there is the FxPro Trading Academy. This has been built to help educate users on forex trading. It comes with a vast video library, seminars and ebooks. You will also find a trading glossary, plus guidance on trading robots and global markets.
The Help Centre is also a valuable resource while the economic calendar allows you to plan your day ahead down to the minute. In addition, you get access to:
- Economic reports
- Consensus forecasts
- Volatility predictions
- Previous economic results
Earnings calendars and hedging tips can also be found in FxPro’s additional resources. Finally, there is a free indicator download to enhance your technical analysis capabilities.
Safety & Security
The brokerage takes customer security seriously. As a result, all customer funds are segregated in Tier-1 accounts with a number of major banks. Furthermore, sophisticated encryption technologies and security protocols are in place to prevent fraud and keep personal data in a digital vault.
The founder, Denis Sukhotin, has worked hard to ensure user security remains a priority alongside global expansion.
Note, liquidity providers do not have access to trade details or any other delicate information.
FxPro Regulation & License
With an increase in scams, traders are increasingly looking for brokers that are trustworthy and regulated. Fortunately, FxPro Financial Services Ltd has oversight from regulatory bodies in:
- UK – FCA
- Cyprus – CySEC
- South Africa – FSCA
- The Bahamas – SCB
- Mauritius – FSC
Also, broker reviews are quick to highlight that partners have ensured FxPro UK Ltd customers are protected by the UK’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This means traders could receive up to £85,000 compensation in certain scenarios, such as bankruptcy.
European customers also have similar protection of up to €20,000 under the Investor Compensation Fund from CySEC.
Our experts found several reasons to sign up for an FxPro trading account:
- Demo account – The broker promises a free demo account where prospective users can test drive the platforms.
- Global stock CFDs – More than 2,000 global share CFDs from a range of industries and countries are available on the MetaTrader 5 platform.
- No dealer intervention – Traders can benefit from tight spreads, high liquidity and zero slippage on Instant Execution.
- Automated trading – EAs can be used to capitalize on algorithmic trading and scalping strategies.
- Trading tools – FxPro offers a range of advanced tools and indicators. On top of that, you get a choice of MT4, MT5, cTrader and FxPro Edge.
- FxPro Academy – From webinars and user guides to tutorial videos, blogs and PDFs, users can benefit from top tips and guidance from traders with years of experience.
- Product list – FxPro offers access to a wide range of markets and instruments. In fact, they now allow users to speculate on cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin (BTC/USD) and Ethereum (ETH/USD).
- Commentary & analysis – When you take FxPro vs HotForex, AvaTrade and IG, you realize the former offers a wealth of in-depth daily market commentary. On top of that, traders get network sharing and technical analysis support.
- Customer service – FxPro promises numerous customer support channels in nearly 20 different languages. This offering vs Plus500, Pepperstone, eToro and other alternatives demonstrates their commitment to aiding customers, particularly beginners.
- Account flexibility – You can hold an account with nearly every widely-used currency: EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY, PLN, AUD, ZAR (FxPro Financial Services Limited); EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY, PLN, AUD (FxPro UK Limited); EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, PLN, ZAR, JPY, AUD (FxPro Global Markets Limited). In addition, Islamic swap-free accounts are available.
Despite the positives, there are also some customer complaints that our experts found:
- Multi-step confirmation process – The process is slow and complex vs IC Markets and Alpari.
- Promotions – When you take FxPro vs Oanda, FXCM, ZuluTrade and IronFX, the former falls short in enticing traders in with welcome bonuses and deals.
- Accessibility – Although traders from numerous countries are accepted, including India, Nigeria, Vietnam, Australia and Thailand, some still aren’t. For example, clients from the USA and Canada are not currently accepted.
Forex trading hours are 24 hours per day, kicking off at 22:00 Sunday and closing at 22:00 Friday (GMT time). Other products follow industry standard market hours. When you log on, opening hours will appear depending on your MT4 server time zone.
See the official FxPro website for holiday trading hours and specific products, such as gold trading hours.
FxPro has recently expanded its cryptocurrency training hours from weekdays only to 24/7 to allow retail traders unbridled access to the DeFi markets.
Contact & Customer Support
Customer support is available in 19 languages. Traders can get in contact via:
- Live chat
- Call-back request
Visit the official website to find your local telephone number. A callback option is also available upon request. On the website, you can also find the address of the nearest office.
User reviews show wait times are relatively low and customer agents are knowledgeable. In fact, they can help with everything from order execution policy to problems with no MT4 connection.
However, while using FxPro, we were particularly impressed with the FAQ page and help available on their website. You can find information about negative balance protection, forgotten investor passwords and a whole load more.
Note customer support staff cannot give tax advice.
So is FxPro a good broker? Despite some differing opinions, the vast majority agree the broker provides all the resources required to build a highly profitable trading system. In particular, user reviews and our experts were positive about the choice of accounts and platforms, not to mention the transparent fee structure and reliability. Overall then, FxPro makes for a worthy home for forex traders of all experience levels.
Does FxPro Offer Micro Lot Sizes?
Yes, micro lots are available on all platforms with a standard account type. 1 micro lot = 0.01 lots.
What Trading Calculators Does FxPro offer?
FxPro offers a range of free calculators including pip and profit calculators as well as an all-in-one calculator.
How Can I Download The FxPro Quant App?
FxPro’s Quant Strategy Builder allows users to create their own auto-trading strategies without the use of a coding language. It was first launched in 2015 and has enjoyed a warm reception from traders. Reviews continue to be positive following its launch. Available EA templates can be found under the Examples tab.
Traders can also benefit from the FxPro library which is an EA marketplace that allows traders to download ready-made EAs developed in-house.
What Online Charts Do FxPro Offer?
FxPro provides a number of chart options including line charts, bar charts and Japanese candlesticks. On the FxPro platform, charts are built from bid prices only. Pivot points provide an additional point of price analysis.
What Is The FxPro Gold Spread?
The average spreads for each instrument are updated daily. For the latest movements, visit the trading portal.
Top 3 Alternatives to FxPro
Compare FxPro with the top 3 similar brokers that accept traders from your location.
IG – Founded in 1974, IG is part of IG Group Holdings Plc, a publicly traded (LSE: IGG) brokerage. The brand-US offers spread betting, CFD and forex trading across an almost unrivalled selection of 17,000+ markets, with a range of user-friendly platforms and investing apps. For 50 years, IG has maintained its position as an industry leader, excelling in all key areas for traders.
Go to IG
Interactive Brokers – Interactive Brokers (IBKR) is a premier brokerage for experienced traders, providing access to 150 markets in 33 countries, along with a suite of comprehensive investment services. With over 40 years of experience, this Nasdaq-listed firm adheres to stringent regulations by the SEC, FCA, CIRO, and SFC, amongst others, and is one of the most trusted brokers for trading around the globe.
Go to Interactive Brokers
Forex.com – Forex.com boasts a global reputation with multiple awards and 20+ years experience. Regulated in the US, EU, UK and Canada they provide a huge range of day trading markets, not just forex, and offer competitive fees on a cutting-edge platform. The brand also provides a suite of additional tools, from performance analytics and SMART Signals to advanced charts and strategy builders.
Go to Forex.com
FxPro Comparison Table
|CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, Futures
|CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, ETFs, Futures, Options, Crypto, Spread Betting
|Stocks, Options, Futures, Forex, Funds, Bonds, ETFs, Mutual Funds, CFDs, Cryptocurrencies
|Forex, Spot Metals
|FCA, CySEC, FSCA, SCB, FSC
|FCA, ASIC, NFA, CFTC, DFSA, BaFin, MAS, FSCA
|FCA, SEC, FINRA, CBI, CIRO, SFC, MAS, MNB
|Active Trader Program With A 15% Reduction In Costs
|FxPro Platform, MT4, MT5, cTrader, AutoChartist, TradingCentral, DupliTrade
|Web, ProRealTime, L2 Dealer, MT4, AutoChartist, TradingCentral
|Trader Workstation (TWS), Desktop, GlobalTrader, Mobile, Client Portal, AlgoTrader, OmniTrader, eSignal, TradingCentral
|MT4, MT5, TradingView, eSignal, AutoChartist, TradingCentral
|1:30 (Retail), 1:500 (Pro), 1:1000 (Via Prime Ash Capital Limited)
|1:30 (Retail), 1:250 (Pro)
Compare Trading Instruments
Compare the markets and instruments offered by FxPro and its competitors. Please note, some markets may only be available via CFDs or other derivatives.
FxPro vs Other Brokers
Compare FxPro with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.
The most popular FxPro comparisons:
- FXPro vs HotForex
- Avatrade vs FXPro
- FXPro vs IG Group
- FXPro vs Plus500
- FXPro vs Pepperstone
- eToro vs FXPro
- IC Markets vs FXPro
- Oanda vs FXPro
- FXPro vs FXCM
There are no customer reviews of FxPro yet, will you be the first to help fellow traders decide if they should trade with FxPro or not?
|Founded in 2006, FxPro is an established forex, CFD and spread betting broker offering 2100+ assets to over 2 million clients worldwide. The broker is regulated in 4 jurisdictions and offers reliable 24/5 customer support, earning it a high trust and safety score. FxPro has also picked up more than 100 industry accolades for its competitive trading conditions, including fast execution and deep liquidity.