IFC Markets Review and Tutorial 2021
United States not accepted.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
|IFC Markets Facts & Figures|
IFC Markets is a top broker offering the bespoke NetTradeX plus MT4 & MT5.
• Best Broker South East Asia 2020 - International Business Magazine
|Bonus||30% welcome bonus + 30% activity bonus|
|Instruments||Forex, CFDs, indices, shares, commodities, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, bonds|
|Min. Deposit||1 USD / 1 EUR / 100 JPY|
|Payment Methods||Bitcoin Payments, Credit Card, Mastercard, Neteller, Perfect Money, Skrill, Visa, Webmoney, Wire Transfer|
|Min. Trade||0.01 lots|
|Regulated By||BVI FSC, Labuan Financial Services Authority|
|Auto Trading||Yes (APIs)|
|Trade Signals||Yes (Via Chartist Software)|
|IFC Markets offers leveraged positions on the financial markets.|
Buy and sell a suite of major, minor and exotic currencies.
Trade innovative Bitcoin futures with leverage.
The IFCM Group (IFC Markets) is a global broker specialising in a range of instruments including forex, CFDs, commodities, indices, ETFs, and crypto futures. Our review covers how to sign up for a live account, the different deposit methods, free MT4 and MT5 platform downloads, and more.
IFC Markets Headlines
The IFC Markets Group was established in 2006, consisting of regulated subsidiaries operating via separate web domains. The broker offers 600+ trading instruments in 18 languages across 80 countries from India and Singapore to Iran, Canada, Armenia and Asia. The company follows an STP model with pricing quotes direct from liquidity providers.
IFC Markets offers several trading platforms: the globally recognised MT4 and MT5, along with the bespoke NetTradeX. All trading platforms are free to download.
- Automated trading
- Portfolio Quoting Method
- Personal Composite Instruments (PCI) technology
- Technical analysis tools and user-friendly interface
- Single account requirement for forex and CFD markets
- Risk management support including pending orders and trailing stops
- Trading signals service
- Pre-installed technical indicators
- MultiTerminal and WebTerminal
- Available for Windows and Mac devices
- Automated trading enabled via MQL4 programme language
- Strategy support including set market, linked and pending orders
- Hedging and netting options
- Expanded list of technical indicators
- Additional timeframes, pending orders, and execution types
600+ instruments are available at IFC Markets:
- 25+ commodities including oil and gold
- Cryptocurrency futures including Bitcoin
- ETFs on real estate and treasury bonds
- 50+ major, minor and exotic currency pairs
- 30+ stocks & shares including Amazon and Nike
- Leading stock exchanges such as the NASDAQ and Dow Jones
Spreads & Commission
IFC Markets does not charge a trading commission on currency pairs, however, a commission is charged for opening and closing positions on stock CFDs.
The broker provides fixed spreads for all instruments apart from stock CFDs. The minimum spread offered by IFC Markets is 1.8 pips across all account types and this includes major currency pairs such as EURGBP and EURUSD. USDCAD and NZDUSD offer higher fixed spreads of 3 pips. Fixed spreads for other asset classes vary, commodities such as Gold are offered at 80 pips while the Dow Jones is offered at 120 pips. Floating spreads can be found on NetTradeX and MetaTrader 5.
Leverage varies by account. The broker offers relatively high leverage up to 1:400 on beginner/micro accounts and 1:200 on standard accounts. These rates are high and while they may increase position sizes, they can also amplify losses.
All trading platforms offered by the broker support mobile app and tablet variations, compatible with iOS and Android. NetTradeX is also compatible with Windows Phone. The applications allow for complete account management and price analysis from devices in many supporting languages.
IFC Markets allows deposits in several base currencies: USD/EUR/JPY. Any fees are directly associated with the payment method rather than a commission for the broker.
Minimum deposit requirements vary by account type. The lowest deposit is $1 or equivalent for the beginner/micro account, perfect for less experienced or new traders.
- Bank Transfer – 2-3 working days, $100 minimum deposit
- Perfect Money – Instant, $1 minimum deposit
- Bank Cards – Instant, $100 minimum deposit
- Pasargad Novin – Within 1 business hour, $10 minimum deposit
- TopChange – Within 1 business day, $1 minimum deposit
- Bitwallet – Instant, $10 minimum deposit
- Skrill – Instant, $5 minimum deposit
- Neteller – Instant, $5 minimum deposit
- WebMoney – Instant, $1 minimum deposit
- Bitcoin – 6 confirmations of the blockchain network, 1000 UBTC minimum deposit
- Unistream – Up to 1 working day, $100 minimum deposit
Withdrawal processing times vary by payment method and some are subject to a charge. There is no limit to the number of withdrawals that can be requested. See the broker’s website for further details in your jurisdiction.
IFC Markets offers free demo accounts for users to login and test their strategies on the MT4, MT5 and NetTradeX platforms. Practice accounts are bankrolled with virtual funds. Clients need to register with the broker to access a demo account.
IFC Markets Bonuses
At the time of writing, IFC Markets offers promotions for existing clients including prize draws, commission referral rewards, and monthly bonuses dependant on trading volume. New traders can pick up a 30% deposit bonus following a $250 payment, a further 30% activity bonus, and are also entered into a draw to win a Tesla.
IFC Markets is regulated by the British Virgin Island Financial Services Commission (BVI FSC). The reputation of this regulatory board is questionable due to the limited thresholds for companies to register. With that said, the brokerage does assure that client funds are held in segregated accounts.
IFCM Cyprus Limited also complies with MiFID and is authorised by the Labuan Financial Services Authority.
The broker’s website offers extensive educational support covering general topics and investing specifics. Individuals can access online resources including YouTube content, a trading glossary, market PDF guidance, as well as margin and profit calculators.
An innovative feature exclusive to the IFCM Group is the Portfolio Quoting Method (PQM), allowing traders to create and trade new financial instruments from different asset classes on the NetTradeX terminal. Benefits include:
- Stability against the volatility of markets for a period
- Build complex portfolios including dozens of instruments
- The ability to quote one portfolio (base) in the units of another (quoted)
- Access personal instruments created by IFC Markets experts such as XAU/Brent or DJI/EUR
The broker offers several trading account options across the three trading platforms. Base currencies are the same across accounts (USD, EUR, and JPY), though accounts with the NetTradeX terminal also support UBTC payments.
- Leverage – 1:1-1:200
- Minimum deposit – 1,000 USD /1,000 EUR/100,000 JPY
- Minimum fixed spread – 1.8 pips (not available on MT5), minimum floating spread 0.4 pips
- Leverage – 1-1:400
- Equity capped – 5,000 USD
- Minimum deposit – 1 USD/1 EUR/100 JPY
- Minimum fixed spread – 1.8 pips (not available on MT5), minimum floating spread 0.4 pips
IFC Markets offers Islamic trading accounts with no swap charges.
To open a real account with IFC Markets, traders need to follow the online registration instructions including providing proof of residence and identity documentation.
- Portfolio Quoting Method
- Free profit and margin calculators
- Low minimum deposit requirements
- Free demo account with virtual funds
- MetaTrader platforms plus proprietary NetTradeX
- Customer support is not available 24/7
- Deposit and withdrawal fees for some payment options
- Residents from the US, Japan and Russia not accepted
IFC Markets follows standard opening times, 24 hours Monday through to Friday. With that said, opening times vary by market. A helpful trading chart by instrument is offered on the broker’s website split by CET time zone and UK local trading hours.
IFC Markets offers a range of contact options in 12 countries and 18 languages:
- Live chat – broker’s website
- Email – email@example.com
- Online contact form – broker’s website
- Telephone – UK +442039661649, Canada +16136864362
- Other channels – Skype, Messenger, Whatsapp, Telegram
See the broker’s website for specific contact details by country.
All registered profiles created with the brokerage must comply with an additional authorisation process including bank card verification via colour scans. The MT4 and MT5 platforms assure high-tech encryptions, secure logins, and industry-standard data privacy.
IFC Markets Verdict
The broker provides opportunities for traders of all abilities across various asset classes. The market maker also offers multiple trading platforms and a range of incentives and bonuses for new traders, as well as a decent suite of additional tools. And whilst not licensed by top-tier regulators, we’re satisfied IFC Markets isn’t a scam.
IFC Markets accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use IFC Markets from United States, Japan, Russian Federation.
Alternatives to IFC Markets
If you are looking for alternatives to IFC Markets we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to IFC Markets below. This list of brokers like IFC Markets is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- EagleFX – EagleFX is a popular trading broker offering forex, stocks, cryptos & commodities.
- LQDFX – LQDFX offers online trading with multiple STP accounts and MT4 analysis tools.
- ZuluTrade – Zulutrade provide multiple automation and copy trading options across forex, indices, stocks, cryptocurrency and commodities markets
- eToro – eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
- Forex.com – Forex.com boast a global reputation. Regulated in the UK, US and Canada they offer a huge range of markets, not just forex, and offer very tight spreads and a cutting edge platform.
Is IFC Markets legit?
IFC Markets is a legitimate broker operating in the financial industry since 2006. The company is licensed by the BVI FSC and the Labuan Financial Services Authority.
What are the minimum deposit requirements to start trading with IFC Markets?
IFC Markets minimum deposit requirements depend on the trading account. For beginner/micro accounts, the minimum payment is $1 or equivalent, while standard accounts require $1,000.
Does IFC Markets offer a demo account?
Yes, IFC Markets offer demo accounts across the MT4, MT5, and NetTradeX platforms. Practice accounts come with a virtual bankroll and traders can open a real-money account when they’re ready.
What trading platforms does IFCM use?
As well as the proprietary NetTradeX solution, IFC Market offers MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Each platform can be downloaded for free from the broker’s website.
Is IFC Markets regulated?
Yes, subsidiaries under the IFC Markets Group are regulated by relevant international agencies. IFC Markets Corp is regulated by BVI FSC and IFCM is registered in Cyprus and complies with MiFID. The broker is also regulated by the Labuan Financial Services Authority.
|IFC Markets is a top broker offering the bespoke NetTradeX plus MT4 & MT5.|
IFC Markets vs Other Brokers
Compare IFC Markets with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.