AGEA Review 2022
Please see the Brokers List for alternatives.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
AGEA is a multi-asset broker offering the Streamster, AGEA.Trade and MetaTrader 4 online trading platforms. This review will cover account types, mobile apps, promotions, and more. Find out whether you should sign up for an AGEA account today.
AGEA Company Overview
Operating since 2005 and based in Montenegro, AGEA International AD is an exchange-listed investment company, regulated by the Commission for Capital Markets, formerly the Securities and Exchange Commission of Montenegro.
The company is listed as a public company on the Montenegro Stock Exchange and is also regulated in the EU under MiFID.
Alternatives To AGEA
AGEA scored poorly in many of our scoring categories, from drawn out sign up procedures to sluggish customer service, there are far better choices for traders in what is a very competitive market. Here are the leading alternatives in your region;
AGEA recommends its proprietary platform, Streamster, for all new traders, as it is both easy to use and feature-rich. The platform is available in seven currencies and has its own API for algorithmic trading. Other features include:
- Customisable charting tools & technical indicators
- No commissions or margin interest
- International chat channel
- Integrated account centre
- Up to 100 open positions
- Built-in trading support
Streamster is available to download on Windows and Mac PCs.
AGEA recommends MetaTrader 4 (MT4) for experienced traders and those comfortable coding. Available in four currencies, MT4 uses its own programming language (MQL4) with advanced features including:
- Automated trading programs (Expert Advisors)
- Balance limits depending on the account type
- Charting tools and built-in custom indicators
- Up to 200 open positions
- No volume limits
- No commissions
MetaTrader 4 is available to download on Windows and Mac PCs.
AGEA also operate their own proprietary platform, AGEA.Trade.
AGEA users have access to a range of assets:
- Currencies – Trade on close to 20 major, minor and exotic currency pairs, including EUR/USD, AUD/USD and EUR/GBP
- Index CFDs – Trade a handful of CFDs on the CAC 40, DAX 40, FTSE 100, NASDAQ 100, Dow Jones, and S&P 500
- Funds – Trade funds in various global markets including China, Brazil, India, Japan, the US, and Russia
- Commodities – Trade gold, silver, and crude oil in both spot and futures markets
- Cryptocurrencies – Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple
Spreads & Fees
Spreads at AGEA are around 0.6 pips on major forex pairs, such as EUR/USD. On CFD indices such as the FTSE 100, spreads start at 0.7 points, and on gold and silver, spreads from 0.3 pips are available. Overall, spreads are tight and there aren’t any commissions to factor in.
Other costs to be aware of include a $20 inactivity fee charged to accounts dormant for over 12 months, as well as overnight swap rates on the MT4 platform.
Leverage on the Streamster platform is available between 1:10 and 1:100, whilst on MetaTrader leverage is offered at 1:1 to 1:100 (initially 1:100). Although not the highest leverage rates available, there is enough to capitalise on market opportunities.
Details of the margin call process can be found on the broker’s website.
AGEA offers the AGEA.Trade and MetaTrader 4 mobile apps for those who wish to trade on the go. On iPhone devices, the AGEA.Trade web trader is accessible via your smartphone web browser, whereas on Android devices, an app download from the Google Play or Huawei Store is required.
The MetaTrader 4 mobile app for both iPhone and Android devices can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. MT4 mobile app users enjoy all the same features as the desktop platform.
Note, the Streamster platform is currently not available on mobile.
AGEA offers multiple funding options within the Account Centre. Payment methods include local bank and wire transfers, credit and debit cards, plus e-wallets, Fasapay, Union Pay, and RBK Money. See the broker’s Payment Options page for a list of methods available in your jurisdiction.
The minimum deposit with all methods is $1, making it an accessible broker for new traders. AGEA does not charge for deposits, but there may be external processing fees.
Withdrawals can be made by all the same methods as deposits. AGEA charges a $7 withdrawal fee on the first withdrawal made through non-wire options and a $10 fee on withdrawals via bank wire transfer. Additional processing fees can be found on the broker’s website.
For security reasons, the withdrawal process is never automated. Digital currency withdrawals take 6-24 hours to process. Wire transfer withdrawals take 2-7 business days.
AGEA’s demo account comes with $10,000 in virtual capital. Access to the demo account will be available for as long as traders want it and if funds fall below $2,000, users may request more. The demo account is an excellent way to try trading under the same conditions as a live account.
Deals & Promotions
AGEA offers a $5 no deposit bonus for all new users. Simply register for a new trading account and the funds will be automatically added to your account. Check the broker’s website for information on upcoming deals and promotions.
AGEA International AD is a regulated and exchange-listed investment company, holding a license with the Commission for Capital Markets, formerly the Securities and Exchange Commission of Montenegro.
The legal framework that regulates investment companies in the Republic of Montenegro is based on the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). Client funds held with the group are maintained in separate bank accounts at local and international banks, in line with relevant laws and regulations.
AGEA offers a variety of educational resources and guides, including:
- Introduction to Markets – information on buying and selling, orders and positions, plus calculating profit
- Trading Techniques – includes guidelines on technical and fundamental analysis, plus controlling risk
- Specifics & Facts – information on trading terminology, margin requirements, and overnight interest
- FAQs – frequently asked questions both on AGEA in general and on trading
AGEA clients can choose between the Cent account and the Standard account. The Cent account is aimed at beginners with a $6 minimum deposit and a $5,000 maximum balance, while the Standard account has a $100 minimum deposit and no upper balance limit. Both accounts come with leverage up to 1:100 and a minimum lot size of 0.01.
Note that before the MT4 platform can be used with one of the above account options, clients must open a Streamster account. This requires just a $1 minimum deposit and has no maximum balance limit. Leverage is set to 1:100 and comes with a 1 lot minimum trade size.
Upon request, an Islamic account is also available on both the Streamster and MT4 platforms.
Advantages of trading with AGEA include:
- Choice of trading platforms, including MetaTrader 4
- Demo account with $10,000 virtual cash
- Broker chat support within Streamster
- Decent education & trading tools
- Straightforward login
- No commission fees
Disadvantages of using AGEA include:
- Stocks trading not offered
- Swap fees on MT4
- Withdrawal fees
- Inactivity fee
Trading hours on both the Streamster and MT4 platforms are Sunday 22:15 to Friday 21:00 GMT. Virtual trading is open at all times. Other market schedules (GMT) are as follows:
- Japan – 00:00 opening
- Singapore & Hong Kong – 02:00 opening
- European – 07:00 opening in Frankfurt, 08:00 opening in London
- New York – 13:00 opening (NYSE opens at 14:00)
- European – 17:00 closing
- Australian – 23:00 opening
AGEA’s 24/5 customer support team can be reached via:
- Online contact form – for general enquiries
- Account Centre support team – for technical issues within the platforms
- Live chat – live chat logo located in the bottom right-hand corner of the website
Whilst AGEA does not offer customer support over email or via a telephone contact number, their live chat service is fast and reliable.
Keep up to date with the latest news on AGEA’s social media pages:
The AGEA International AD head office is located at Business City, Arsenija Boljevića 2A, Podgorica, 81000, Montenegro.
MT4 encrypts all data exchanged between the client terminal and platform. Streamster also uses industry-standard 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. The broker only offers secure deposit and withdrawal options to clients.
AGEA is an experienced and trustworthy forex and CFD broker, offering the proprietary Streamster trading platform, in addition to the reputable MT4 software. With low minimum deposits and fees, plus decent trading tools, AGEA is a strong contender, particularly for beginners.
AGEA accepts traders from Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use AGEA from United States, Korea, Syria.
Alternatives to AGEA
If you are looking for alternatives to AGEA we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to AGEA below. This list of brokers like AGEA is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- LQDFX – LQDFX offers online trading with multiple STP accounts and MT4 analysis tools.
- AAAFx – AAAFx offers CFD trading in forex, commodities, indices and cryptocurrencies.
- IG Group – IG-US offer spread betting, CFD and Forex trading across a range of markets. They are FCA regulated, boast a great trading app and have over 47 year track record of excellence.
- Forex.com – Forex.com boast a global reputation. Regulated in the UK, EU, US and Canada they offer a huge range of markets, not just forex, and offer tight spreads on a cutting edge platform.
- Quotex – Quotex offers a proprietary web platform that has digital options and trading signals.
What trading platforms does AGEA offer?
AGEA offers two downloadable platforms, the broker’s own Streamster and the well-regarded MT4 system. Both options are user-friendly are come with a host of charts, indicators, and analysis tools.
Does AGEA offer a demo account?
Each user gets $10,000 of virtual money with AGEA’s demo account. Upon request, the practice account can be kept open until traders are ready to use a real-money trading account.
What leverage does AGEA offer?
Leverage is offered between 1:10 – 1:100 on the Streamster platform, and between 1:1 – 1:100 on the MT4 platform. While trading on leverage can increase returns, it can also increase risk exposure.
How quickly are AGEA withdrawals processed?
Funds usually take between 6 and 24 hours to clear. Wire transfer withdrawals take 2-7 business days. For security reasons, withdrawals are processed manually by the AGEA team.
Can I open two AGEA accounts?
AGEA has a one-person one account policy, although your master account can contain several sub-accounts held on the different platforms offered.
|AGEA is a regulated forex & CFD broker offering multiple trading platforms and account types.|
AGEA vs Other Brokers
Compare AGEA with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.