Spread Co Review 2021
United States not accepted.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
|Spread Co Facts & Figures|
Spread Co offers spread betting and CFDs with competitive trading conditions.
|Instruments||Spread betting, CFDs, forex, indices, shares, commodities, ETFs, ADRs|
|Payment Methods||Credit Card, Mastercard, Skrill, Visa, Wire Transfer|
|Trade with leveraged CFDs on popular financial markets.|
Spread Co offers trading on a long list of online currencies with competitive spreads.
Spread Co is an online spread betting and CFD broker specialising in forex, commodities, equities and indices. Our review covers live accounts, payment methods, the proprietary trading platform, regulation, and more. Find out whether Spread Co is a trustworthy spread betting broker.
Spread Co Headlines
Spread Co Ltd was established in 2005, offering global services from a head office in London. The broker is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), a highly respectable regulator. Today, there are over 10,000 live traders using the broker’s services. Spread Co offers spread betting on major markets, stocks and shares, plus CFDs and forex.
The broker offers its proprietary trading platform to meet the needs of all clients, powered by TradingView. Spread Co recommends trading through major web browsers, with no software download requirements. Alternatively, clients can access the free mobile application or iPad app.
Features of the online platform include:
- Expert financial analysis
- Trade directly from charts
- Fully customisable interface
- Wide range of technical indicators
- Set market movement alerts and watch lists
- Create custom charts using live industry data
- Access risk management tools including stop losses and limit orders
Spread Co offers clients trading opportunities in the following global markets:
- Forex – 38 currency pairs
- Equities – 1,000 global equities
- Commodities – precious metals and energies
- ETFs – 100+ including technology and commodities
- ADRs – trade shares in companies in over 20 countries
- Indices – trade on the largest stock exchanges including UK100, US30 and NDQ100
The broker also offers the opportunity to trade Mini Markets which offer smaller stake sizes from just 10p. These markets are the most liquid and a popular way for traders to get familiar with spread betting. Spread betting lets traders go short in falling markets and provides 24 hour access, margin trading and zero hidden fees.
Spreads & Commission
Spreads are fixed and as low as 0.8 pips during liquid hours. Spreads differ between spread betting and CFD accounts. The broker offers the tightest spreads up to a maximum of £50 a point before this increases on a sliding scale. Spreads on majors are 0.8 pips on EUR/USD and 1.0 pip on GBP/USD and EUR/GBP. Spreads on leading indices, such as the FTSE 100, start at 0.8 pips.
Commissions are only charged for equities trading, starting at 0.05% for UK trades. The broker does charge swap rates for positions held overnight, further details of which can be found on the company website.
Leverage varies by instrument:
- Indices – 5%
- Equities – 20%
- Forex pairs – 3.33% or 5%
- Commodities – 5% or 10%
- Mini Markets – 3.33% or 5%
As an FCA-regulated broker, Spread Co complies with ESMA’s retail leverage limits.
The broker offers a mobile app with full desktop platform features. This is available for free download and is compatible with iOS and Android devices. The app allows for complete trading management while on the go. Features include:
- One-click trading
- 50 technical indicators
- Event notification option
- Interactive charting tools
- Easily switch between accounts
Minimum deposits vary by account type; £200 for spread betting accounts and £250 for CFD accounts. After this, the deposit requirement for both accounts is £100. Spread Co offers limited payment methods for live account deposits in GBP, EUR, USD, or JPY:
- Bank transfer
- Credit/debit cards
To request a withdrawal, select the payment option within the trading platform or contact client services. Withdrawals to credit/debit cards and UK bank accounts are free. International bank transfer payments are subject to a £15 charge + local bank fees. Skrill withdrawals incur a 1% fee. Same-day processing requests must be received by 12:30 pm GMT.
Note, the minimum withdrawal amount is £50.
Spread Co Limited offers a demo account on their trading platform, accessible for 2 weeks. Demo accounts are a great way to become familiar with the platform and to test spread betting or CFD strategies risk-free. The demo account is available in GBP, EUR, or USD and comes with £25,000 or equivalent in virtual funds. A client services platform tour is also offered by the broker to demonstrate user features.
Spread Co Bonuses
At the time of writing, Spread Co Ltd does not offer any deals or promotions to new or existing clients, this includes no deposit bonuses. This is in line with FCA regulations.
Spread Co UK Limited is licensed under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), meaning the broker follows established regulatory standards. The FCA is a highly prestigious agency in the financial markets. Client funds are segregated in top-tier banks and protected by the FSCS, covering up to £85,000 should the broker become insolvent.
The broker’s website offers multiple trading support features. This includes a financial trading blog, an economic calendar and Market Watch live news bulletins. The website also supports several training guides and education topics including the basics of spread betting and CFD trading, using technical indicators and strategies, with a glossary and extensive FAQ page.
Spread Co Accounts
Spread Co offers two different account types; spread betting or CFD. Both accounts are available in EUR, USD, and GBP.
- Spread Betting Account – minimum stake £1, initial deposit requirements are £200, no dealing spread, earn 2% cash interest on cash balances over £10,000. The broker offers the Spread Free Basic solution for entry level traders and the Spread Free Bronze for more active traders.
- CFD Account – no commissions, 0% financing on short index positions, access to a wide range of financial markets with straightforward buy and sell propositions plus a suite of risk management tools.
To open an account, clients need to complete a simple online form and send identity documents with proof of residence. The broker assures applications are processed within 1 working day.
- FCA regulated
- Hedging allowed
- Good user reviews
- Mini Markets access
- Mobile trading solution
- Extensive educational guides
- Not available to US residents
- No MetaTrader platforms
The broker follows standard office hours and provides 24-hour trading from Sunday 10 pm to Friday 10 pm GMT. Note, spreads fluctuate depending on the trading window as liquidity and volatility changes.
Spread Co offers a range of customer support options:
- Email – email@example.com
- WhatsApp – +44 7575 674341
- Live chat engine – located at the bottom of the contact page
- Telephone – +44 (0)1923832682 (customer service, Monday to Friday 8 am-6 pm)
Personal information is protected by SSL encryption on both PC and mobile applications. Account access is fully password protected. The Spread Co trading platform also assures industry-standard encryptions with secure logins.
Spread Co Verdict
Spread Co offers opportunities for traders of all abilities to invest in forex, CFDs and spread betting. Small stake requirements and low minimum deposits make it a good choice for new traders. Prospective clients should also feel assured of the FCA regulation, security protocols and customer service.
Spread Co accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use Spread Co from United States.
Alternatives to Spread Co
If you are looking for alternatives to Spread Co we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to Spread Co below. This list of brokers like Spread Co is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- LQDFX – LQDFX offers online trading with multiple STP accounts and MT4 analysis tools.
- EagleFX – EagleFX is a popular trading broker offering forex, stocks, cryptos & commodities.
- Rockfort Markets – Rockfort Markets is a New Zealand broker with a competitive range of assets, trading platforms and market conditions.
- Exinity – Exinity provides flexible low-cost trading in FX, commodities, indices and equities alongside unique education and support provided by teams located across the world. Now operating in the Middle East, through regulation from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority in Abu Dhabi and the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius, Exinity provides a range of services to traders and investors looking for new opportunities in the financial markets.
- Quotex – Quotex offers a proprietary web platform that offers digital options and copy trading.
Does the Spread Co trading platform allow hedging?
Hedging is possible on the Spread Co platform. Head to the broker’s demo account terminal to practice hedging strategies before investing funds.
Does Spread Co offer stock trading?
Yes, Spread Co Ltd allows trading on many of the world’s most popular stock indices. The UK100 for example includes companies such as HSBC and Tesco.
What is spread betting?
Spread betting is a straightforward way to speculate on the price of shares, currencies and more without owning the underlying asset. A profit or loss is based on the price of the asset when the trade was opened vs its price when the trade was closed.
Is Spread Co regulated?
Yes, Spread Co is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), register number 446677. This is a reputable regulator and a good sign that the company can be trusted.
What is the minimum deposit at Spread Co?
The initial deposit requirement for a spread betting account is £200 while CFD accounts require a £250 minimum payment.
|Spread Co offers spread betting and CFDs with competitive trading conditions.|
Spread Co vs Other Brokers
Compare Spread Co with any other broker by selecting the other broker below.