Silvergate Bank Transfer Brokers 2022 - Which Brokers Accept Silvergate Bank Transfer?
Silvergate Bank is a San-Diego based provider of innovative financial solutions for the digital currency industry. Services are integrated with some of the largest fintech and cryptocurrency trading companies in the world. Here we review the service as an online payment method for traders and provide details of how to open an account, market cap, total assets and customer contact options. We’ve also compiled a list of the best brokers that accept Silvergate Bank deposits.
What Is Silvergate Bank?
Founded in 1988, Silvergate Bank is a leading digital financial services provider that is heavily involved in cryptocurrencies and decentralised finance (DeFi). The corporation is a member of the Federal Reserve, which stands as its regulator, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Today, the technologically advanced solutions are integrated with more than 700 of the largest fintech and digital currency companies across the globe. This includes business locations in Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Malaysia. The bank is based in the La Jolla neighbourhood of San Diego, California.
Silvergate Bank has a history of successful financials. By June 2020, the bank had a total asset size of $2.3 billion with estimated annual revenue earnings of $50 million. Company stock is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) following an IPO in 2019 (ticker SI). The price by July 2021 was $98.75 with the largest share ownership held by SSgA Funds Management Inc.
Almost 500 employees and management members work to build strong investor relations and accessibility for traders with domestic and international exchanges. The digital currency payments system, named Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN), acts as the intermediary between currency exchanges like Kraken and Coinbase, with investors looking to trade cryptos like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Silvergate Bank does not charge a fee for any incoming wire transfers to an account, including withdrawals from your trading account. Third-party broker processing fees may apply. It is always worth checking for these charges and estimated exchange rate valuation fees before you open a live trading account. Silvergate Bank’s fee schedule for different payment types is provided below.
- Incoming – no charge
- Domestic outgoing – $10
- International outgoing – $30. Accepted currencies include the US Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar. Settlement account in USD.
VISA Debit Card
- International service assessment fee – 1% of the transaction amount
- Domestic (US) ATM debit card transactions – unlimited surcharge fee reimbursement
- Verification of deposit – $10
- Cashier cheques – $5 per cheque
- Telephone transfer – $5 per transfer
- Replacement VISA debit card – $5 per card
Silvergate Bank supports immediate fund transfers, 24/7, 365 days a year via the Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN). A personal bank account is required to gain the perks of the SEN banking network. This is highly beneficial in the volatile digital currency trading landscape, as there are no delays due to public holidays or weekend hours.
Silvergate Bank swift payments via Fedwire routing on the Kraken exchange are processed within one working day. International payments for the same method can take up to five working days to process. Eligible clients include residents from the UK, Vietnam, Seychelles, Pakistan, Thailand, Nigeria, India and more.
Regulated by the Federal Reserve, Silvergate Bank is also a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Additionally, all required earnings call filings and press release statements from the US Securities and Exchange Commission are complied with and stored.
Silvergate Bank maintains physical and electronic safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect personal profile information. Look out for brokers and exchanges that offer additional user verification such as one-time passwords (OTPs). Money laundering and fraud prevention guidelines are also available for personal account use and business integration.
How To Make Silvergate Bank Deposits & Withdrawals
To make payments, locate the Silvergate Bank logo on your online trading exchange account portal. Follow the bank wire or card payment instructions and enter the deposit amount.
Minimum and maximum payment limits, daily transfer amounts and processing times may differ by exchange and country of residence. For example, Binance requires Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance details to be completed before using the Silvergate Bank swift transfer payment option for deposits and withdrawals. Users must select the amount in US Dollars and highlight the swift code and routing number in their Binance account portal. Accepted outgoing currencies include the US Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar.
Pros Of Using Silvergate Bank For Traders
- SEN leverage – Upcoming news suggests a fresh programme that will allow investors to obtain a loan in US Dollars that is collateralised by Bitcoin.
- Real-time – SEN is a real-time payments network, meaning fund transfers can clear immediately, 365 days a year (exchange permitting). This is advantageous vs standard bank transfers that may only clear during banking hours.
- Digital currency trading – Banks still play a pivotal role in fiat on/off ramps for exchanges and investors. There is only a handful of US banks that provide innovative and established services to cryptocurrency customers.
- Online banking – Silvergate Bank mobile app and online banking services are available, similar to Zelle. These can be downloaded to iOS and Android devices or accessed through all major web browsers. Trading account payments can be made and transaction histories and live balances can be viewed on the move.
- Customer service – Plenty of contact options are available for the payment method that are open during standard working hours. Silvergate Bank headquarters can be contacted via telephone, online email request or post to their US address. After-hours and weekend assistance is available for debit card help at +1 800-554-8969.
Cons Of Using Silvergate Bank For Traders
- Niche market – Silvergate Bank only supports payments in the digital currency trading environment.
- Deposit outflows – Despite the total number of digital asset clients increasing, Silvergate Bank is less competitive vs some main competitors, like TransferWise. Its non-interest-bearing model means those alternatives offering yield on deposits may provide more for your capital investments.
Final Word On Silvergate Bank
Silvergate Bank offers a fast and secure payment solution for digital currency investors. Registered as a member of the Federal Reserve, with OCC and FDIC membership, the system is both innovative and safe. Check the fees for using this payment method before depositing into a live account. Also head to our list of the top brokers that accept Silvergate Bank deposits to get started.
How Can I Deposit To My Trading Account From My Silvergate Bank Account?
Locate the Silvergate Bank logo at the login of your online trading account portal. Follow the bank wire or card payment instructions and enter the deposit amount. Accepted international locations for a personal banking account include the UAE, Indonesia, Hong Kong (HK), Dubai, Ecuador and Kenya. Keep an eye on the latest news for countries that will no longer be supported.
What Is The Difference Between Silvergate Bank SEN Vs Swift Payments?
SEN is for Silvergate Bank user remittances only, boasting faster transfer speeds. Swift is mainly used for international bank remittances, meaning processing times can be up to 5 working days.
What Is The Silvergate Bank Fee Rate To Deposit Into A Trading Account?
Silvergate Bank transaction fees vary by crypto exchange and broker. Some established corporations may cover charges associated with the payment method. Check the terms and conditions before depositing into a live trading account.
What Is Silvergate Bank's Payment Details For Making Trading Deposits?
Silvergate Bank’s corporate office address is 4250 Executive Square, Suite 300, La Jolla, CA 92037. The Swift/BIC/Clearing/IBAN account code is SIVGUS66. The FW (Fedwire)/USA/ABA/Transit/ACH bank routing code number is 322286803.
What Are Silvergate Bank Branches Opening Hours Near Me?
Silvergate Bank’s public opening hours will vary by city. Typical hours are 9 am to 5 pm (EST). View the latest branch details and reviews via the website or on social channels including Facebook and Twitter. Online services are available to the United States and international customers 24/7, 365 days a year.