Best Klarna Brokers 2024
Klarna Bank AB, or Klarna, is a payment solution from Sweden. Its famous tagline ‘shop now pay later’ helped it handle around $80 billion in online sales in 2021. The brand is also receiving support from a growing list of trading brokers. This review explains how Klarna works, typical payment limits, and late fees. We also list the top brokers that accept Klarna deposits in 2024.
Best Klarna Brokers
These are the best 5 brokers that offer fast and secure Klarna payments based on our tests:
Klarna Brokers Comparison
|CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, Bonds, Futures, Crypto
|MT4, MT5, cTrader, TradingView, TradingCentral, DupliTrade
|1:30 (ASIC & CySEC), 1:500 (FSA), 1:1000 (Global)
|Stocks, ETFs, Options, Crypto
|eToro Web, CopyTrader, TradingCentral
|Forex, CFDs, Stocks, Indices, Commodities and Cryptos
|Skilling Trader, MT4, cTrader, TradingView
|CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Cryptos, Commodities
|Trading Station, MT4, TradingView, eSignal
|Forex, CFDs, indices, shares, commodities, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, bonds, spread betting
|MT4, MT5, TradingCentral
|1:30 (EU), 1:500 (Global)
#1 - IC Markets
Why We Chose IC Markets
IC Markets is a globally recognized forex and CFD broker known for its excellent pricing, comprehensive range of trading instruments, and premium trading technology. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Australia, the brokerage is regulated by the ASIC, CySEC and FSA, and has attracted more than 180,000 clients from over 200 countries.
"IC Markets offers superior pricing, exceptionally fast execution and seamless deposits. The introduction of advanced charting platforms, notably TradingView, and the Raw Trader Plus account, ensures it remains a top choice for intermediate to advanced day traders."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, Bonds, Futures, Crypto
- Regulator: ASIC, CySEC, FSA
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, cTrader, TradingView, TradingCentral, DupliTrade
- Min. Deposit: $200
- Min. Trade: 0.01 Lots
- Leverage: 1:30 (ASIC & CySEC), 1:500 (FSA), 1:1000 (Global)
- With ultra-fast execution speeds averaging 35 milliseconds and deep liquidity, IC Markets provides an optimal trading environment for scalpers, hedgers, and algorithmic traders.
- You have access to over 2,250 CFDs across various markets, including forex, commodities, indices, stocks, bonds, and cryptocurrencies, allowing for diversified trading strategies.
- IC Markets offers fast and dependable 24/5 support based on firsthand experience, particularly when it comes to accounts and funding issues.
- There are fees for certain withdrawal methods, including a $20 wire charge, which can eat into profits, especially for frequent withdrawals.
- The breadth and depth of tutorials, webinars and educational resources still need work, trailing alternatives like CMC Markets and reducing its suitability for beginners.
- Despite four industry-leading third-party platforms, there is no proprietary software or trading app built with new traders in mind.
#2 - eToro
Why We Chose eToro
eToro is a top-rated multi-asset platform which offers trading services in thousands of CFDs, stocks and cryptoassets. Launched in 2007, the brand has millions of active traders globally and is authorized by tier one regulators, including the FCA and CySEC. The brand is particularly popular for its comprehensive social trading platform. Crypto Trading is offered via eToro USA LLC; Investments are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal. CFDs are not available in the US Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in the UK and some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply. 76% of retail accounts lose money.
"eToro's social trading platform leads the pack with a terrific user experience and active community chat that can help beginners find opportunities. There are also competitive fees on thousands of CFDs and real stocks, plus excellent rewards for experienced strategy providers."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Stocks, ETFs, Options, Crypto
- Regulator: FCA, ASIC, CySEC, FSA, FSRA, MFSA
- Platforms: eToro Web, CopyTrader, TradingCentral
- Min. Deposit: $10
- Min. Trade: $10
- Charts are powered by TradingView and offer strong technical analysis features, including 9 chart types and over 100 indicators
- eToro is a world-renowned brand with top-tier global regulation and a 25M+ user community
- The copy trading app facilitates a best-in-class social environment, with an engaging social feed and community chat
- There is a $30 minimum withdrawal amount and a $5 fee, which will affect novices with low capital
- The lack of additional charting platforms like MT4 will reduce the appeal for seasoned day traders accustomed to using third-party software
- Traders will face currency conversion fees for account denominations other than USD
#3 - Skilling
Why We Chose Skilling
Skilling is a multi-asset broker founded in 2016 and based in Cyprus. The brand offers hundreds of day trading instruments with competitive spreads from 0.1 pips and beginner-friendly platforms. Skilling are also regulated in Europe and beyond with a transparent pricing structure. You can sign up and start trading in three easy steps.
"Skilling maintains its position as a top pick for beginners looking for a competitive zero commission account with direct access to a copy trading feature. It will also serve experienced strategy providers looking to earn commissions, or anyone looking to trade forex during extended hours."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Forex, CFDs, Stocks, Indices, Commodities and Cryptos
- Regulator: CySEC, FSA
- Platforms: Skilling Trader, MT4, cTrader, TradingView
- Min. Deposit: $100
- Min. Trade: 0.01 Lots
- Leverage: 1:500
- Skilling continues to strengthen its investment offering recently introducing weekend forex trading on 7 currency pairs
- The broker has a solid global reputation and is regulated by top-tier authorities including the CySEC
- The €100 deposit and zero commissions in the Standard account are accessible for beginners
- Skilling trails alternatives like IG when it comes to research tools that can help day traders make informed decisions
- You can only access shares in the Skilling Trader platform and fewer instruments are available overall in the MT4 accounts
#4 - FXCM
Why We Chose FXCM
FXCM is a respected forex and CFD broker, established since 1999. The British-headquartered broker has won multiple awards and operates in various jurisdictions, including the UK and Australia. With zero commissions, over 400 assets, and a range of analysis tools, FXCM remains a popular choice for day traders. The broker is also regulated by top-tier authorities including the FCA and ASIC.
"FXCM maintains its position as a top pick for traders deploying automated trading strategies, with four powerful platforms, strategy backtesting and algo trading through APIs. The broker is also great for active traders, with discounted spreads and low to zero commissions on popular assets."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Cryptos, Commodities
- Regulator: FCA, CySEC, ASIC
- Platforms: Trading Station, MT4, TradingView, eSignal
- Min. Deposit: $50
- Min. Trade: Variable
- Leverage: 1:30
- The proprietary Trading Station terminal is a good choice for day traders looking for an all-in-one solution for their short-term and automated trading strategies
- FXCM’s global reputation is impressive, with licenses from the FCA, ASIC, CySEC and FSCA and a 20-year business history
- Traders can utilize several top-tier trading tools including a market scanner, forex signals and third-party research site, eFXPlus
- There is no choice of retail accounts for traders, nor any Cent/Micro account options
- Although FXCM continues to gear their services towards experienced traders, it’s a shame that there are no managed accounts on offer
- The live chat support can be slow and unreliable compared to the top competitors
#5 - Admiral Markets
Why We Chose Admiral Markets
Admirals is an FCA- and ASIC-regulated broker with an excellent range of leveraged instruments, including forex, stocks, indices, ETFs, commodities, cryptos and more. The broker supports the MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5 and TradingCentral platforms. With both spread betting and CFDs available and thousands of instruments, this broker provides more flexibility than most rivals.
"Admirals is a good pick for novice-to-intermediate traders that want a trustworthy, regulated broker with access to a wide range of markets with tight spreads and no commission."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Forex, CFDs, indices, shares, commodities, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, bonds, spread betting
- Regulator: FCA, CySEC, ASIC, JSC
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, TradingCentral
- Min. Deposit: $100
- Min. Trade: 0.01 Lots
- Leverage: 1:30 (EU), 1:500 (Global)
- The low minimum deposit, fractional shares and easy three-step account registration process will appeal to beginners
- Demo account to test the broker before real-money trading
- Full range of investments including cryptos and spread betting
- The demo account expires after 30 days
- US traders not accepted
- Monthly inactivity fee
What Is Klarna?
Klarna Inc is a Swedish fintech company with headquarters in Stockholm alongside a HQ in Columbus, Ohio for its US branch. The firm was founded in 2005 and quickly went on to become one of the most popular online payment methods, rivalling alternatives like Afterpay and Affirm.
Since 2011, around 40% of all e-commerce sales and revenue in Sweden has gone through Klarna. This helped give the company an impressive market cap valuation of $45.6 billion in 2021. With that said, the firm is a private company and therefore it does not have a stock or share price, though pre-IPO shares may be available in 2022.
Importantly, the brand is known as a ‘buy now pay later’ service provider. It offers credit to customers who must then either pay in 4 steps, pay in 30 days, or receive a longer-term loan. Clients may also be offered a 10-day extension if required, which has helped improve its investor and customer relations.
The payment solution is simple to use and it’s easy to learn how to apply for an account. Customers can sign in through the mobile app (available on iPhone and Android) or via the official website. All that is required to register and login online is a valid email address.
You can use Klarna to pay in-store at a business for anything like a mattress, flights and hotels. Amazon also accepts payments on its site, as do other popular merchants and stores like Game, Nike and Ikea. For a comprehensive list of stores that accept Klarna, visit their official website or look for the logo on retailers’ websites.
Klarna is also becoming a popular payment option for traders. It is a quick, easy and secure method of making deposits at a range of brokers in the UK and around the world, including FXCM and IC Markets. It also has the benefit of providing credit, meaning traders do not have to wait for wages to come in.
Note, if traders encounter issues while using the service or need help, they should contact the customer support number.
It typically takes one to two days for a payment to be processed, however, in some situations it could take up to seven business days for the payment to show on your account statement. If it takes longer, it could mean the transaction service is down, and you should check recent news or contact the telephone number for support.
Importantly, Klarna is a ‘buy now pay later’ service. This means that you will not pay for the entire product or deposit in one go. There are multiple options with different time frames. Firstly, you can choose ‘pay in 4’ which requires you to pay 25% upfront and then three more payments of equal amounts every two weeks. Another option is ‘pay in 30’, which requires the full sum to be paid within 30 days. Finally, you can apply for a loan which must be repaid within six months to three years.
If you are using Klarna to make a deposit at a broker, it should be processed within one to two days like a standard transaction. There may be a delay on the broker’s end, so check their website for standard processing times. You should be able to choose from the three options when making the deposit and the amount will then have to be paid back accordingly. Klarna cannot be used to make withdrawals, however, another service by the company (Sofort) is suitable.
Different payment options feature varying fees. The ‘pay in 4’ and ‘pay in 30’ choices both have a 0% interest rate. But if you are late making payments, there is a $7 surcharge. The other option is to apply for a loan that must be repaid within six months or up to three years. This will be subject to interest of varying rates, which will be outlined when you make the payment. Loans must be repaid according to the monthly financing plan and any late payments will be subject to a $35 fee.
If you are not going to make a payment on time, it is possible to extend your due date by up to 10 days, so you do not have to worry about the firm sending a debt collection team round. You can check ‘My Klarna Account – Payments’ on the app or on the website/merchant portal to view your current payment plan.
The company may offer deals or promo codes to help you out when you first sign up. It is also worth noting that the payment provider has no pre-defined spending limit.
Importantly, most online brokers will not charge additional fees when making a deposit using Klarna. But remember, if you are late making payments, fees may be charged. Moreover, if you choose the loan option to pay for your deposit, interest will be charged.
Klarna is a secure deposit method that is trusted by millions of users, including traders and investors. Even though you must enter your online bank details to make payments to Klarna, this is done via their secure payment form. This ensures merchants, brokers or third parties cannot gain access to and view sensitive information. The company also employs high security standards to ensure personal data and information is protected.
From the accounts section, the brand makes it easy for users to track and view payments, meaning traders can quickly see if someone else has accessed their account. For further reviews of the firm’s security protocols, visit sites like Reddit.
Pros For Traders
The main advantages of trading with Klarna include:
- Acts like a credit card, allowing you to pay later when wages come in
- No interest on ‘pay in 4’ or ‘pay in 30’ options
- Multiple financing options to choose between
- Price alerts in the app
- 24/7 customer service
Cons For Traders
Our research did flag some potential drawbacks:
- Not as quick as instant payment methods
- Not suitable for withdrawals
- Borrowing risks
- Late fees
How To Deposit Using Klarna
It is simple to make a deposit at your broker. Follow this guide to get started:
- Look for the brand’s logo on your broker’s website to confirm they accept the method
- Head to your broker’s funding page and select deposit
- From the list of options, choose the payment brand
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit – be aware of any minimum deposit requirements
- You will then be directed to the payment portal where you can enter your account details
- Select your preferred payment plan from the list of options
- Hit confirm and then make payments to Klarna when required
Is Klarna Good For Day Trading?
Klarna is a popular ‘buy now pay later’ payment method originating in Sweden, but servicing clients in many countries around the world. Customers can choose between three different options to pay back the sum of their deposit or purchase. The two short-term options are interest-free, but late fees will be incurred if payments are missed. If you want to start using Klarna to make a deposit on your trading platform, check out our list of supporting brokers and follow our step-by-step guide.
Note, borrowing funds to pay for trading activities is risky. Make sure that you can and will be able to pay back funds.
What Are The Best Brokers That Accept Klarna?
Several leading brokers offer payments using Klarna, including eToro, which offers secure and free deposits. We recommend using our list of top Klarna brokers to find the best option in your location.
Is Klarna Legit And Safe For Day Trading?
Yes, Klarna is a legitimate company. It has been operating since 2005 and accounts for 40% of all e-commerce in Sweden. Even though customers must enter online bank details, it is all conducted via the brand’s safe and secure form ensuring third parties cannot access personal information.
How Long Do Deposits To Klarna Brokers Take?
Klarna deposits are usually processed in one to two days, though processing times at the broker may differ depending on your location. This is slow compared to other payment solutions with instant processing. That said, you can benefit from Klarna’s flexible payment options.