Capital Index Review and Tutorial 2021
United States not accepted.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
|Capital Index Facts & Figures|
Capital Index is a spread betting, FX & CFD provider offering reasonable trading fees.
|Bonus||$50 welcome bonus|
|Instruments||Forex, CFDs, spread betting|
|Min. Trade||0.01 lots|
|Regulated By||FCA, ASIC, SCB|
|Auto Trading||Yes (EAs)|
|Trade CFDs on the markets with high leverage|
|Leverage||1:30 (UK), 1:200 (ForexCFDs), 1:500 (Global)|
Buy and sell over 50 forex pairs
Capital Index is a global broker that offers trading on forex, CFDs and spread betting. We look at user reviews to uncover the main aspects of trading with Capital Index, including login and withdrawal, leverage rates and demo accounts.
Capital Index Headlines
Capital Index was established in 2014 and has expanded into an international brokerage firm. The brand is made up of three entities:
- Capital Index (UK) Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- ForexCFDs, or Sirius Financial Markets Pty Ltd, authorised by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Capital Index (Global) Limited, authorised by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB)
This broker serves clients from multiple countries and has offices in London, Sydney, and Nassau in the Bahamas.
All branches of Capital Index including the UK and Global use the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) trading platform. Once traders have opened an account they can access the MT4 portal with their login credentials. The software provides a user-friendly interface to execute trades and the terminal is industry-leading.
The downloadable MT4 platform for Windows and Mac comes equipped with ample features to help traders make informed decisions:
- High-level technical analysis, with over 50 analytical tools
- A signals service alongside copy trading and automated trading
- Several execution modes, order types, and time frames including tick charts
- High-security standards to protect personal and transactional information
Traders can also access the markets through WebTrader, the desktop version of MT4 that includes all the functionality of the original program but with the convenience of trading through any browser on any device.
Capital Index offers a range of assets for trading:
- Forex – Trade over 50 forex pairs including majors and minors alongside 16 exotics
- CFDs – More than 10 indices are available including the FTSE, plus 5 precious metals and crude oil
- Spread betting – Clients of the UK branch can also place flexible spread bets on the financial markets
Capital Index has a good rating in our review for its spread betting products in addition to the forex and CFD instruments found at most brokers. To improve further, we’d like to see trading in shares and cryptocurrencies.
At Capital Index, spreads vary by account. EURUSD rates range from 1 pip with the Pro account to 1.4 with the Advanced option. Competitive spreads from 1.4 pips are also available with the copy trading solution. For the tightest spreads of just 0.4 pips, you need an invitation to open a Black account and will need to meet larger deposit and volume requirements, detailed further below.
The broker also charges a standard overnight swap fee plus a monthly inactivity payment of £15 following six months of inactivity.
Leveraged Trading Review
Capital Index offers leveraged trading options, which vary depending on where you’re trading from:
- Capital Index UK – 1:30
- ForexCFDs – 1:200
- Capital Index Global – 1:500
Capital Index has MT4 integration, and clients can download the mobile app from Apple and Android app stores. The app incorporates the key aspects of the platform such as one-click trading and also includes chat functionality and notifications so clients can stay on top of the markets.
Deposits & Withdrawals
Capital Index offers the following minimum deposits:
- Advanced – £100
- Pro – £5,000
- Black (invitation only) – £50,000
- Copy Trading (Global only) – £500
From the client portal, traders can fund their account using prepaid debit or credit cards. Capital Index charges £15 if clients request a same-day service but otherwise there is no fee. Withdrawals are limited to two per day, and additional identity verification may be required.
Prospective clients can sign up for a demo account to learn how to trade the financial markets and use the MT4 platform. To try forex or CFD trading and to test out execution times, customer support and copy trading, the practice account is a good place to start.
Note, the demo account will time out after an extended period of inactivity.
Capital Index Global currently advertises three promotions to new traders:
- $50 welcome bonus – Clients must deposit a minimum of $250 and meet a minimum trading requirement (5 lots forex in 30 days)
- 10% deposit contribution – Clients must deposit a minimum of $1,000, and the maximum bonus is $1,000. The bonus can be withdrawn if clients trade at least 1 lot per $5 of the bonus within 90 days
- Get 50% of your losses back – Clients must deposit a minimum of $1,000, and the maximum bonus is $1,000. Loss claims must be made within 30 days of account opening and other requirements may apply
Capital Index appears to be a safe and trustworthy broker. All branches are regulated by financial authorities: Capital Index UK is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA); Forex CFDs is authorised by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), and Capital Index Global is authorised by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB).
All entities segregate client funds from business capital for safeguarding purposes. The UK branch also offers negative balance protection, so traders cannot lose more than their initial deposit, and is signed up to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme to the tune of £85,000 per client. Note, professional clients do not receive negative balance protection.
Capital Index provides market analysis and news updates on its website, plus an economic calendar. Our review was pleased to see the broker also has considerable education resources, including 15 trading guides on general trading, forex and CFD investing. Smart charts and tables to explain prices and product specifications are also available on the broker’s website.
All branches offer the Advanced, Pro, and Black accounts in three currencies (EUR, GBP and USD). Our review noted that Capital Index Global also offers a dedicated Copy Trading account, with a deposit of £500 required for spreads from 1.4 and leverage up to 1:200.
Bar the Black account, all accounts have a minimum lot size of 0.01 and are commission-free. Note the Black account is invitation-only, and the broker runs a separate website dedicated to traders with this account.
Clients at Capital Index benefit from:
- Spread betting
- Welcome deposit bonuses
- Negative balance protection
- FCA, ASIC, and SCB regulation
Disadvantages of opening an account include:
- Monthly inactivity fee
- Tight spreads reserved for higher account tiers
Clients can use the customer portal and website at any time, but trading hours depend on the specific market. Capital Index lists the opening hours for each asset within its product specifications, for example, forex can be traded 24 hours a day Monday through to Friday.
This broker has live chat options on the UK and Global websites, and customer support can also be assessed using the following:
Capital Index UK
- Contact number – +44 207 0605120
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office – King William House, 2A Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1AE
- Contact number – 02 8607 8840
- Email – email@example.com
- Office – Level 21, 264-278 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Capital Index Global
- Contact number – +1 844 8074302
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office – P.O. Box SP 61567, Goodman’s Bay Corporate Centre, 2nd Floor, Nassau New Providence, The Bahamas
Capital Index protects its clients’ personal information from disclosure to other parties and stores this information on secure, password-protected servers. The broker uses physical and electronic methods to keep client data safe and to ensure privacy is maintained.
Capital Index Verdict
Capital Index is a forex and CFD broker that also offers spread betting in the UK. Our review was pleased with the MT4 platform, range of bonuses, and the multiple regulations and licenses. Our only real gripe is that a large minimum deposit is needed to open an account with really tight spreads.
Capital Index accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use Capital Index from United States.
Alternatives to Capital Index
If you are looking for alternatives to Capital Index we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to Capital Index below. This list of brokers like Capital Index is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- EagleFX – EagleFX is a popular trading broker offering forex, stocks, cryptos & commodities.
- LQDFX – LQDFX offers online trading with multiple STP accounts and MT4 analysis tools.
- Just2Trade – Just2Trade offer hitech trading on stocks and options with some of the lowest prices in the industry
- Forex.com – Forex.com boast a global reputation. Regulated in the UK, US and Canada they offer a huge range of markets, not just forex, and offer very tight spreads and a cutting edge platform.
- ZuluTrade – Zulutrade provide multiple automation and copy trading options across forex, indices, stocks, cryptocurrency and commodities markets
Is Capital Index regulated?
All three entities under the Capital Index brand are regulated by respected financial authorities in their respective jurisdictions. This entails regulation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), and the Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB).
Is Capital Index a trustworthy broker?
Capital Index appears is a relatively safe choice with multiple licenses in place. The UK branch also has negative balance protection and is signed up to a compensation scheme.
Does Capital Index offer any deals or promotions?
The Global branch of Capital Index offers three promotional schemes for new clients. This includes a $50 welcome bonus, a 10% deposit contribution, and a 50% loss rebate scheme.
What platform does Capital Index use?
Capital Index offers the MetaTrader4 (MT4) terminal. The platform is market-leading for analytics and charting and is also available via a browser as WebTrader and as a mobile app.
What is the minimum deposit amount at Capital Index?
Clients need to deposit £100 to open an Advanced account. For higher account tiers, new traders will have to load their account with up to £50,000.
|Capital Index is a spread betting, FX & CFD provider offering reasonable trading fees.|
Capital Index vs Other Brokers
- Webull vs Capital Index
- FXTM vs Capital Index
- Oanda vs Capital Index
- Eightcap vs Capital Index
- LiteForex Investments vs Capital Index
- Libertex vs Capital Index
- IronFX vs Capital Index
- Capital Index vs Varianse
- eToro vs Capital Index
- IC Markets vs Capital Index
- Coinbase vs Capital Index
- CMC Markets vs Capital Index
- MultiBank FX vs Capital Index
- Capital Index vs IG Group
- SpeedTrader vs Capital Index
- Capital Index vs 4xCube
- FBS vs Capital Index
- Olymp Trade vs Capital Index
- AMarkets vs Capital Index
- XM vs Capital Index
- PrimeXBT vs Capital Index
- Capital Index vs Capex
- Plus500 vs Capital Index
- StormGain vs Capital Index
- EverFX vs Capital Index
- Capital Index vs Darwinex
- Avatrade vs Capital Index
- Trading212 vs Capital Index
- Capital Index vs Pepperstone
- Fusion Markets vs Capital Index
- Capital.com vs Capital Index