Brokers With RUB Accounts
Brokers with RUB accounts allow traders to manage portfolios with the Russian ruble as the base currency. Heavily reliant on the commodity market, the ruble is popular with investors trading natural resources such as crude oil and natural gas.
This guide will cover how RUB trading accounts work, plus the benefits for investors. We have also compared and ranked the best brokers with RUB accounts in 2023.
Brokers With Ruble Accounts
These are the 7 best brokers that offer accounts with RUB as the base currency:
#1 - IQCent
IQCent is an offshore binary options and CFD broker based in the Marshall Islands with 10+ payment methods and a low $50 starting deposit. With 100+ assets, around the clock trading and high payouts the brand is popular with aspiring traders.
"IQCent will appeal to newer traders who want a platform where they can trade both binary options and CFDs with copy trading support and regular contests."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Binary Options, CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, Crypto
- Regulator: IFMRRC
- Platforms: TradingView
- Min. Deposit: $250
- Min. Trade: $0.01
- Leverage: 1:500
IQCent CFDs are available on forex, stocks, indices, commodities and cryptos with leverage variable by asset to a maximum of 1:500, which is higher than many alternatives. 24/7 customer support is also available to assist new users.
IQCent traders can access CFDs or binary options on 40+ forex pairs, including majors, minors and exotics. CFD spreads start from 0.7 pips and binary options payouts are decent up to 95%. Trading takes place through the broker's proprietary platform with advanced analysis tools.
IQCent offers CFDs and binaries on four German stocks: Lufthansa, Deutsche, Daimler and BMW. Traders can also speculate on stock markets via seven leading indices including US30, S&P500 and FTSE100.
IQCent offers 17 crypto assets through its own platform, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. Leverage on crypto CFDs is limited to 1:10 while binary options payouts vary by token but are competitive.
- Trading contests with cash prizes
- Binary options with 98% payouts
- Deposits and withdrawals using cryptocurrency
- Not overseen by any highly respected regulator
- A short period before an inactivity fee is charged
- No MetaTrader 4 platform
#2 - Videforex
Videforex offers access to stock, index, crypto, forex and commodities markets via binary options and CFDs. The proprietary platform, mobile app and integrated copy trading are user-friendly and will suit new and casual traders, and the market analysis tools and trading contests provide good ways to improve your trading skills.
"Newer traders will find a lot to enjoy about trading binary options on Videforex's easy-to-use proprietary platform, as well as the broker's copy trading solution. Payouts are also higher than most alternatives climbing to 98%."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Binary Options, CFDs, Forex, Indices, Commodities, Crypto
- Platforms: TradingView
- Min. Deposit: $250
- Min. Trade: $0.01
- Leverage: 1:500
Videforex CFDs are available on forex, indices, cryptocurrencies and commodities with up to 1:500 leverage and tight spreads from near zero. CFDs incur a commission fee of 1%–2.5% and up to 5% for leveraged trades.
Trade 35 major, minor and exotic forex pairs through CFDs with floating spreads from 0.1 pips. Alternatively, binary options allow you to speculate on rising and falling prices with a fixed stake and payout.
Trade binary options and CFDs on global stocks from US, European, Russian and Asian exchanges, as well as 37 indices covering a wide range of global markets. The access to stocks trumps many binary options brokers.
Traders can speculate on crypto prices in pairs with USD and CNY through binary options and CFDs. The range of digital currencies is fairly narrow vs alternatives but major tokens like Bitcoin are available.
- The firm facilitates day trading and binary options for global customers
- Videforex offers transfers via a wide range of payment types, from credit cards to cryptocurrencies
- Earn up to 98% payouts on 100+ assets with the broker’s binary options
- US clients aren’t accepted due to legal restrictions
- No MetaTrader 4 integration
- The broker isn’t overseen by a trusted regulatory agency
#3 - World Forex
World Forex is an offshore broker registered in St Vincent and the Grenadines, offering commission-free trading with a $1 minimum deposit and 1:1000 leverage. Digital contracts are also available, offering beginners a straightforward way to speculate on popular financial markets.
"World Forex provides both highly leveraged CFDs and digital contracts, making this a good broker for clients who want flexible and rewarding ways to trade. The copy trading service will also appeal to newer traders."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Forex, CFD Stocks, Metals, Energies, Cryptos, Digital Contracts
- Regulator: SVGFSA
- Platforms: MT4, MT5
- Min. Deposit: $1
- Min. Trade: 0.01 Lots
- Leverage: 1:1000
World Forex's leveraged CFDs are available on a modest suite of 100+ instruments, including stocks, commodities and forex. Very high leverage up to 1:1000 is available for account balances up to $1000, with lower levels available to accounts with higher balances.
World Forex offers CFD and digital contract trading on 53 forex pairs, including EUR/USD and GBP/EUR. High leverage is available for CFDs, which can be accessed with competitive spreads on certain account types.
World Forex traders can speculate on price movements of 40+ stocks with CFDs and digital contracts with no commissions, tight spreads and high payouts. You can take positions on big names like IBM and American Express.
Traders can access CFDs on crypto assets through World Forex's dedicated W-CRYPTO accounts, which offer leveraged cryptocurrency trading with spreads from zero. We rate that you can trade on 10 cryptos paired with the USD and EUR, while crypto-crypto pairs are also available.
- Several different account types with varied pricing structures
- VPS hosting
- STP/ECN technology
- No negative balance protection
- Withdrawal fees apply
- Weak regulation
#4 - Binarium
Binarium is an established international broker offering binary options trading on diverse markets including stocks, indices, forex, commodities and cryptocurrencies. Traders can start trading with as little as $1 and earn payouts up to 80% of their stake.
"Binarium is a good binary options broker for traders looking for an experienced brand with low deposit requirements and a welcome bonus."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Forex, Stocks, Crypto
- Platforms: Own
- Min. Deposit: $5
- Min. Trade: $1
Trade 20 forex pairs, including majors like EUR/GBP and USD/GBP as well as minor pairs. On the downside, this isn't the most varied selection of currencies available.
Go long or short on blue chip stocks like Apple and Microsoft. You can place high/low binaries on the user-friendly platform. The suite of stocks is focused on US markets, however.
Trade binary options on three Bitcoin pairs – BTC/USD, BTC/GBP and BTC/EUR – with flexible contract lengths. Simply bet whether the price of the asset will rise or fall.
- Enhanced educational features
- Demo account with virtual funds
- Community forum platform
- Limited information on broker’s website
- No industry established trading terminals
#5 - RaceOption
RaceOption is a binary options broker operating from the Marshall Islands. With over 1,500 clients, the broker aims to offer fast funding, low fees and a secure trading environment. Traders can access over 100 binary options and CFDs, plus copy trading and weekly prizes.
"RaceOption will appeal to traders new to binary options looking for copy trading, contests and 24/7 customer support. Experienced traders will also appreciate the account-based perks and bonuses."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Binary Options, CFDs
- Platforms: TradingView
- Min. Deposit: $250
- Min. Trade: $0.01
- Leverage: 1:500
Access a modest range of CFD instruments across key markets, including indices and commodities. Clients can trade directly from charts with high leverage up to 1:500 and customisable time intervals.
Trade 25+ major and minor currency pairs with access to over 30 technical indicators in the broker's proprietary terminal. You can also follow and replicate other forex trades using the integrated copy trader.
Go long or short on over 50 major global shares and map out your strategies using the intuitive charting tools. Those with $1,000+ starting capital can also enjoy their first 3 trades risk-free.
Trade popular crypto CFDs with leverage up to 1:30 and utilize convenient crypto funding in Bitcoin, Ethereum or other altcoins. You can also enjoy fully flexible, 24/7 crypto trading at home or on the go. Cryptos are paired with USD and CNY.
- High payouts on popular underlying assets up to 95%
- Sign-up bonuses from 20%, plus weekly trading contests and prize giveaways
- Free and instant deposits via bank cards and cryptos, plus guaranteed withdrawals processing within 1 hour
- No free demo account
- Unregulated broker with lower safety score
- $250 minimum deposit is higher than other binary options brokers
#6 - Zacks Trade
Zacks Trade is a FINRA-regulated US broker offering trading on stocks, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, bonds and more through a proprietary terminal. The broker is geared toward active traders and offers very affordable fees on most assets as well as an app and a vast amount of market data.
"Zacks Trade will suit active day traders with experience using powerful platforms. Fees and margin rates are low while the market research is excellent."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Stocks, Crypto, Options
- Regulator: FINRA
- Platforms: Own
- Min. Deposit: $2500
- Min. Trade: $3
Zacks Trade offers a large selection of US and international stocks, including penny stocks, as well as ETFs and global indices. The broker also offers options as a way to speculate on stock price movements.
Clients can trade a modest handful of cryptos including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. Real-time quotes are available and fees are low. Commissions also drop if you trade digital currencies in high volumes.
- 20+ account denominations
- Customizable proprietary trading platform and mobile app
- Demo account
- No forex, commodities or futures trading
- Shortcomings regarding platform loading times and technical glitches
- High minimum requirement of $2,500
#7 - Just2Trade
Just2Trade is a reliable multi-regulated broker registered with FINRA, NFA and CySEC. The company has 155,000 clients from 130 countries and stands out for its huge suite of instruments and additional features, including a social network, robo advisors and a funded trader programme.
"Traders seeking a multi-asset broker with an exceptional range of 35,000+ assets, market-leading software and low trading fees should consider Just2Trade. The Try2BFunded program will also appeal to users seeking funded trading accounts."- DayTrading Review Team
- Instruments: Stocks, ADRs, ETFs, Futures, Options, Commodities, Bonds
- Regulator: CySEC, NFA, FINRA, Bank of Russia
- Platforms: MT4, MT5, TradingCentral
- Min. Deposit: $100
- Min. Trade: 0.01 Lots
- Leverage: 1:20
With CFDs on 20+ Polish and 30+ US stocks, as well as energies and seven global stock indices covering US, UK, European, Australian and Japanese markets, Just2Trade offers a superb selection of global assets.
Traders can access a decent range of 60+ major, minor and exotic forex pairs through standard and ECN accounts with tight spreads from 0.5 and 0.0, respectively. Execution speeds are also faster than most competitors at 50ms, which will appeal to active forex day traders.
As well as Just2Trade's 50+ stock CFDs, traders can access a huge variety of thousands of stocks traded on US and international exchanges. The chance to build an investment portfolio and benefit from dividends sets Just2Trade apart from most CFD brokers.
Traders can speculate on a modest selection of the largest cryptos by market cap including Bitcoin. On the downside, crypto trading is only available to clients from Asia which is more restrictive than many alternatives.
- The list of 35,000+ instruments is more than almost any other broker
- WhoTrades social network and copy trading through Novoadvisor
- STP/ECN broker with fast execution speeds
- Research tools such as stock screeners require third-party applications
- Cryptocurrency is only available in Asia
- Few standard educational resources compared to other brokers
How RUB Accounts Work
A RUB trading account means you deposit, hold, and trade in the Russian ruble. This is often referred to as an account base currency or the money that your account is denominated in. All returns, losses and fees are processed in your chosen account currency.
Brokers with RUB accounts may appeal to Russian traders looking to manage their investing activity in their local currency. RUB accounts also offer benefits to investors looking to speculate on the economic prospects of the country along with gas and oil following the 2022 Russia-Ukraine war.
You can normally select RUB as your account currency at the registration stage. Also, you do not have to deposit into your account in Russian rubles – most brokers can convert your capital at the current exchange rate, along with any additional fees.
RUB Currency Explained
The Russian ruble is the monetary unit of Russia (formerly the Soviet Union) and Belarus. The currency dates back to the 13th century and it’s the second-oldest currency still in circulation, behind the British pound. Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1992, redenomination saw the old ruble replaced at a rate of 1,000 to 1 in 1998.
More recently, the value of the RUB plunged after Russia began its invasion of Ukraine in February 2022. This led to a 32% decrease in the value of the ruble, trading at a rate of 120 RUB per 1 USD by March 2022. As a result, several forex brokers, including Forex.com, FXOpen and Alpari, suspended RUB trading indefinitely.
The Russian ruble is a free-floating currency, so its value is driven by market supply and demand. The currency has a significant reliance on tracked global commodity prices due to its dependence on oil, gas and natural resources exports. It is not a heavily traded currency, ranking 18th worldwide and accounting for around 1% of the daily forex market turnover.
The Central Bank of the Russian Federation has exclusive authority to issue banknotes and coins in Russia. In 2017, it was broadcast that the Bank of Russia would issue a Central Bank Digital Currency (CDBC), with a successful prototype completed in 2021 and plans to roll it out to wider society in the pipeline.
Benefits Of Brokers With RUB Accounts
- Forecasting – As the RUB is heavily reliant on commodity exports, the currency’s value is arguably easier to forecast for savvy gas and oil traders. This can also help investors looking to trade forex pairs that include the Russian ruble.
- Customer Support – Brokers with RUB trading accounts typically provide support in the Russian language. Assistance in a native language can be helpful, particularly when traders need guidance on deposit issues or account queries.
- Payment Methods – RUB accounts normally work seamlessly with local deposit and withdrawal solutions such as the Mir card payment system and Sberbank wire transfers.
- Easy Access – Russian investors can use brokers with RUB accounts to access major international markets, such as US stocks and major forex pairs. Brokers accepting the currency also make online trading easier without the need for currency conversions to the USD, EUR or GBP, for example.
- Regulation – Brokers with RUB accounts are more likely to be regulated by a local financial watchdog, such as the Federal Commission on Securities Market (FCSM). The financial agency aims to improve the corporate governance of companies, align them to international financial reporting standards, and prevent the manipulation and misuse of insider information.
How To Check A Broker Offers A RUB Account
Brokers with RUB trading accounts do not always make it clear on their websites. Take a look at the deposits and withdrawal area first as brokerages tend to list accepted currencies by payment method here. Another good indicator is to check whether local payment methods are accepted. Alternatively, you may be able to find this information via the new account registration page.
If it’s still unclear, reach out to the prospective broker’s customer service team. Live chat services are usually the most responsive.
Comparing Brokers With RUB Accounts
Once you’ve identified brokers with RUB trading accounts, there are a few factors to consider before opening a live profile:
- Trading Assets – Access to financial markets and instruments will vary between brokers with RUB accounts. Check the list of assets available to retail clients. This could include forex pairs with the Russian ruble as the quote or base currency, alongside local company stocks or gas and oil.
- Accessibility & Regulation – Ensure the brokerage is regulated by a reputable financial institution. 2022 sanctions have prohibited many international brokers from offering the purchase of securities in Russian companies or forex pairs including the ruble. JustForex, for example, terminated all relationships with clients in Russia and Belarus in March 2022.
- Trading Terminals – The best brokers with RUB accounts offer industry-recognised trading platforms such as MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Also look out for advanced facilities such as copy trading services or strategy builders.
- Customer Service – The top brokers with RUB accounts will provide trustworthy and responsive customer support options. This may include a live chat service or a free local telephone number, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Educational Resources – Access to learning materials such as video content, step-by-step tutorials and beginner-friendly articles are a great addition to a trading environment. Whether you are a complete beginner or novice day trader, there is always more to learn.
- Demo Account Services – Paper trading accounts are a great way to test the tools on offer before committing to a live account and depositing personal funds. You can put new strategies to the test, in a risk-free, virtual environment. It is also a great way to learn platform features and tools, particularly with proprietary software.
Final Word On Brokers With RUB Accounts
Brokers with RUB accounts are popular with investors from Russia as well as those interested in actively trading the currency or associated local export commodities. Look for brokerages with top-tier regulation, educational resources, advanced trading tools and responsive customer service support. We have compiled a list of the best brokers with RUB accounts.
What Are Brokers With Ruble Trading Accounts?
Brokers with RUB accounts offer live trading profiles with the Russian ruble (RUB) as the base currency. This means all account administration, profits and losses, trading charges and fees, are published in rubles.
Why Are Brokers With RUB Trading Accounts Popular?
There are several benefits to traders using brokers with RUB accounts. Trading platforms often provide easy access to global markets and straightforward deposits and withdrawals with local payment methods. Additionally, day traders may be able to avoid costly exchange rate fees when trading in a local currency.
How Do I Open A RUB Trading Account?
Once you have identified a broker with a RUB trading account, complete the online registration form. Sign-up requirements often entail a name, email address and contact phone number. Additional KYC compliance may be required including supplying personal identification documents.
How Can I Tell If A Broker Offers A RUB Trading Account?
Most online brokers display their account denominations in their deposits and withdrawals section/cashier portal. If the information is not clear on the website, speak to the customer services team.
How Should I Compare RUB Trading Accounts?
There are various considerations when comparing brokers with RUB accounts. Factors to review include regulatory oversight, trading platform options, and the range of assets, such as forex pairs with the RUB, plus energies like oil and gas. Beginners may also want to look at educational materials, access to leverage, and sign-up bonuses.